Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am getting a Remington 770 .300 for Christmas (Long-Range Competitions hopefully), and I am wondering, is their anywhere yall know of where they sell them in 100+? I am thinking to try to find them in 250 bullets and just save up and buy them so I save money per bullet.

Also, my plan for a weapon for SHTF is a AK-47 Variant. I love long-range, but I am going to need something for up close lol.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I've heard great things (3 different people) about ammoman.com (bluk/price includes shipping), but I've personally never ordered from them.

Congrats on the Remington! And you just open a whole can of worms with the AK-47 quote. LOL!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hello, I am getting a Remington 770 .300 for Christmas (Long-Range Competitions hopefully), and I am wondering, is their anywhere yall know of where they sell them in 100+? I am thinking to try to find them in 250 bullets and just save up and buy them so I save money per bullet.

Also, my plan for a weapon for SHTF is a AK-47 Variant. I love long-range, but I am going to need something for up close lol.
Try ammoland.com, bulkammo.com, georgiaarms.com or the-armory.com. They're all cheap and run specials so you'll need to check them all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I always buy brass ammo for reloading, because of that walmart has always been the cheapest.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Try www.ammotogo.com - they are good ole boys out of Brenham Texas. Been buying from them for 8 years - even with shipping they are almost always cheaper than ammoman and ammoland.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
With a 300 Win Mag (Im assuming this is what you ment by "300") I would seriously consider taking up reloading especially since you mentioned this is for "long range compititions hopefully". I would also consider loads in the 178-190 gr range as these will have the higher ballistic coeffcients as a BC over .500 will be very helpful in achieving the results your are looking for. The velocities wont be as high with these heavy for caliber bullets but their streamline profiles will help them maintain that speed better over the longer ranges.

Reloading might cost you a little more up front but will pay dividends in the long run and it shouldnt take you very long to recover the price of your investment on the equipment. The bigger advantage over buying commercial ammo is the fact that as a reloader you can play around with the powder charge, bullets and bullet seating depth and tweak a load that performs best in your particualr gun. It never ceases to amaze me on what a profound effect something as small as a few thousand of an inch difference in seating depth or 1/10th of a grain in powder charge can make when developing a load that performs best in your gun. For this you would not need a big stupid dollar progresive set up, a single stage press here would work awsome as your goal here is precision not volume.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do plan to start reloading, I am just wanting to find some rounds to practice with for the next 3-6 months so I can train for competitions. Aren't reload kits on average like 200-300$? I think that's not too bad. I just really want to get good at shooting and that requires a lot of practice, which means bullets. I hope I can find someone nearby that has experience. I will definitely start reloading as soon as I can save up for that.

I assume since people recommend reloading so much, the supplies required to make the bullet itself is cheaper then the bullets?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went to cheperthandirt.com and the bulk .223 is out of stock. The prices were great. It seems most places are out of stock on there bulk. I have been going to Gander Mountain. 100 rounds for $90. Not cheap, but I'll take it.
Walmart has been out of 9mm for months. I was buying 100 round boxes of 9mm for $20 there.
I try and buy something every week. Even if its 100 rounds of target for shoot gun. (It's a cheap defensive round - $22)

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I went to cheperthandirt.com and the bulk .223 is out of stock. The prices were great. It seems most places are out of stock on there bulk. I have been going to Gander Mountain. 100 rounds for $90. Not cheap, but I'll take it.
Walmart has been out of 9mm for months. I was buying 100 round boxes of 9mm for $20 there.
I try and buy something every week. Even if its 100 rounds of target for shoot gun. (It's a cheap defensive round - $22)
9mm I'll take all the 115gr ball I can get cheap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.