Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got flooded in '08 and ever since I have had some crappy gardening outcomes. So I am rethinking my entire strategy. I know most of you have heard of aquaponics( I think that is how you spell it. Anyway). I am going to give it a whirl probably won't make it this season though. But this weekend I am going to start my worm farm. Then I am going to start my cricket farm. Now this will be to feed the fish for the garden system. I am going to attempt to make my own fish tanks and raise Bluegill in them. I will be new to all this so any of you that have experience in any of this the info would be great. I got alot off the net today though. I will keep a journal and take pics to share with all to see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey, exciting. I've been interested in aquaponics for a while, but don't have nearly enough space. I'll be interested to read your progress.

I've heard of people using those moth-zappers to collect food for their fish, too. Dunno if that's usual or not. Seems like an inefficient use of energy, but if I could set one up in the corner of my house, get rid of all the moths who seem to love my wool and grains, and feed them to fish... that would be amazing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts