Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Read this and change your passwords. Better yet, change your passwords and then read this.

Hackers have put 8.4 billion passwords out there.

Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
Any app or site you use that allows two-factor authentication, enable it ASAP.

Super Moderator
Any app or site you use that allows two-factor authentication, enable it ASAP.
A few months ago, hackers tried to get into one account I have. They tried 123 times. How do I know that? This particular site has 2 factor verification and I got 123 notices on my phone. They didn't get in but I changed my password anyhow.

Registered
It seems that I have to change passwords on a somewhat regular basis. I have also had my debit card info stolen 3 times and my credit card info stolen 2 times the past 6 years. One incident occurred when my info was stolen from Gunmag Warehouse. They never even acknowledge this. A reason I do not do any business with them any more.
I have two monitoring services in play. They monitor my email address, SSN, etc....One also notifies me when and if my email address with passwords have been compromised and displayed on the Dark Web.
Remember the Chinese hack of the Fed Govt about 5 years ago? My info from being a VA employee was stolen. I have ID Care monitoring through the Fed Govt for 10 years due to that.
As already stated, two factor log-ins should be used whenever possible.

Registered
I have a few silly questions. I typed the password "password" into the site, and it says;

So am I to understand that this ONE site has a list of 988,131,959 'stolen' passwords? And 1,969,083 of them are 'password'? If so, aren't they, well, kinda like...... admitting they have said ill-gotten booty?

Registered
I own my own website - so I have my own address I do not use google or yahoo or other FREE emails

I highly recommend going to lonex.com and buying your own web domain and set up your own email

I use thunderbird as the email client

Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
I have a few silly questions. I typed the password "password" into the site, and it says;

View attachment 113723

So am I to understand that this ONE site has a list of 988,131,959 'stolen' passwords? And 1,969,083 of them are 'password'? If so, aren't they, well, kinda like...... admitting they have said ill-gotten booty?
The site linked to, which has the email and password checkers, does indeed have the list. The list was made available online to anyone who knows where to find it. The site put a search interface on top of the list without exposing the list.

Reactions: Denton
1 - 8 of 8 Posts