Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my cert(community emergency response team) class last night was about active shooter cenario, perhaps yer in a business, mall, store, school, church
and some one comes in starts shooting the place up

taught by fema/dhs
i take the courses, they are free usually taught by fire department/pd and sometimes DHS.
i dont train as a responder.
i train to understand what the cops/fd response will be doing. so i can better understand and prep for what i need to do to survive- what my windows are.

they have a training video for active shooter cenario. for free on the FEMA.gov | Federal Emergency Management Agency website. IS907

its very important you realize that safety policies are writen by lawyers to minimize liability, not survival people.
sometimes they do not have your survival as priority.

if you cannot run, hide, if you cannot hide, fight.
all actions could have neagtive outcomes. if a person has shot people, you may have to attack, if you run, run zig zag as most are not trained to hit that.

people watch, other people watching intently are cops or predators, watch their hands, eyes, waist.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DHS has a wealth of information from earthquake resposes, tornadoes, floods- all sorts of shit
what to expect from them- how to plan for us.
they have pritable cert programs you can go over train your evac/neighborhood group. they have videos too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.