Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the real possiblity of this threat? Is it overhyped that a tsunami can reach the east coast at 500mph and as high as (Trying to remember the size), 2000 feet if the volcanos collapse the island creating the tsunami? To me, I think the wave would disperse and not even reach the east coast.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
At 500 mph even at 100ft hight there'd be a million or more dead. I'm sure some of the liberally managed
cities would leave school buses of people behind - like thats' never happened.

·
Registered
67 Posts
they are predicting a wave of "several hundred meters." There is NO chance of surviving that on long island or anywhere near the coast. How far west can you drive in about 6 hours? That is about all the notice you will get and if you are on long island, forget it. There is no evacuation plan for that event and people would lose their mind trying to get out of here. Safety would be only a few hours upstate NY but trying to get there would be impossible.
If I had a boat, which I don't, I would head out into the atlantic as fast as I could, hoping that the wave would pass right under my boat (that I don't have) and I could survive. Anyone need a co-Captain? lol

·
Super Moderator
2,851 Posts
Risk=likelihood + impact.

Yeah, impact would be huge but likelihood is extremely small so risk is low. Over Geological time you have more chance if being hit by lightening.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was watching an episode on N-Geo? Last year or so about it.
They were showing proof on both sides of the theory.
Mainly the volcano will split apart at some time in the near/ distant future.
Also a truck size boulder placed on top of a HUGE cliff in south america, was claimed to be from a similar event a few hundred years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts