Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I have silver gold and a few grand in cash in my safe. But I've been thinking about pulling most of my money in savings account and putting it in the safe What do you all think
Thanks
As long as you have a "safe" safe I'd say go for it. It's not like you are earning anything on interest these days anyway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I suspect there is a bunch of ways the SHTF can hit. I think booze will be a big bartering item. The part that scares me about that is, once the acholic needs more and is out of anything you would barter for or even if you are out, will he actually believe you - I'd think an addicted person would be kind of dangerous to barter with in the long run. And in a SHTF time, I think I will want to stay very sober.

·
Super Moderator
8,592 Posts
I suspect there is a bunch of ways the SHTF can hit. I think booze will be a big bartering item. The part that scares me about that is, once the acholic needs more and is out of anything you would barter for or even if you are out, will he actually believe you - I'd think an addicted person would be kind of dangerous to barter with in the long run. And in a SHTF time, I think I will want to stay very sober.
I thought about pints for barter but decided against it for that very reason.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts