Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Any thing that says cash flow and property in the same line can't be good.

Reactions: AvengersAssembled

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I want a "cash flow property" One where the money flows in instead of out. :)

I don't want renters or hunting leases but I suppose it might be OK to have share-croppers.

Reactions: Nathan Jefferson

·
Registered
559 Posts
I want a "cash flow property" One where the money flows in instead of out. :)

I don't want renters or hunting leases but I suppose it might be OK to have share-croppers.
I am currently in the market for a handful of tillable acres for just that reason. The lease fees don't seem to cover the full loan payment but they are awfully close. Idea is to help pay for the land for a few years and then just own it outright and stop leasing it.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
That is one way I think debt is a good thing; I did the same a while back. My brother and I bought a parcel to add to our holdings and we managed to work a piece of it into farm land; we already lease out a number of acres to area farmers and it was easy to lease out this batch too. We were fortunate we had water rights to cover the tilled area already in place so that just added to the lease value - and the payments are made by the lease and then a little. It will take us about 9 years to pay it off but it cost us nothing but about 3 - 3 day weekends of tilling the soil and leveling the field out.

I am currently in the market for a handful of tillable acres for just that reason. The lease fees don't seem to cover the full loan payment but they are awfully close. Idea is to help pay for the land for a few years and then just own it outright and stop leasing it.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Some state have what are called land contracts. They have been used in farming for both homes and land for many years.
If they have them where you live just make sure you full understand what happens if you miss payments
In general because every state is different a Land contract is just that.
It takes the middle man banks ect out of it. You have a contact, you agree to pay xxxx a week month year what ever.
The owner retains owner ship until all is paid . Condition are ironed out in your contract.
It allows you to buy with no upfront cash in most case just as if you were renting. It allows you to walk away if it don't work out like you were renting. Complete the contact you own it.
Seller wins because they collect over a period of time and receive what might be called interest on the sale.
I purchased our first farm that way.

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
Spam now being served!
Come and get it while it's hot!

Reactions: PaulS
1 - 8 of 8 Posts