Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why learning to whistle is important? Im not talking about the regular whistle while you work, Im talking about the concert loud whistle.
I can only whistle using my fingers, and that took about three days of work.

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True, you nailed it, a whistle carries farther, and takes less energy, A lot of people "yell themselves hoarse", then when rescuers are near, they cant yell. I agree it may be easier to buy one, but after learning how to, i never have to worry about it being left behind, lost, or frozen.

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GT, I literally tried evrytime I was alone for three days..On the second day I nailed it, Only to not be able to reproduce it again for over a day..
I use the thumb and pointer, shaped like a c, to push the tip of my tongue up. Also, the lip placement over the fingers is critical. and, the pressure used is important, I cant CatCall whistle without a quick explusion of air.

· Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, If I remember right, she was nearly lifeless, barely tooting on the whistle, freezing, so No, not in that position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.