Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
WTF?! That is just wrong, wrong, WRONG!! I hope she ends up becoming a very rich lady courtesy of the Tulsa authoritarian bastards (unfortunately, it's the taxpayers that ultimately end up paying for their city's own stupid mistakes).

·
Registered
159 Posts
To be honest i can imagine this happening because people are stupid. I work a couple jobs, Mcdonalds and i work for a contractor ( im 16 and i dont plan on working at Mcdonalds after i grad, but people dont knock it its great experience ) and when i work for the contractor the city is always complaining and the inspectors are constantly giving us complete bull about rules, We double check and lots of the time there wrong. Either way anyone destroys all my food there going to get cut !

-Anthony

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Sadly even if she wins and she very well should given the info thats thus far been presented...the city is not the ones that are going to pay, its the tax payer of Tulsa who are going to really take it in the shorts ultimately. The cost of the suite should come out of the pockets of the idiots incharge of code enforcement. Bet they would have their ducks in a row next time if it did work that way. But this is the sort of over bearing crap that many cities resort to when funds are tight and they cant spend like drunken sailors unless they can generate revenue and this is the way they do that without raising taxes and being ran out of town when election time comes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
McDonald's was just one in a line of many crappy jobs I worked as a young man. Honest work is good work in my opinion. The best part was working those jobs motivated me even more to go to school.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The USA has become a nation of nosy busy bodies. And nosy busy bodyism is not compatible with individual liberty.

Anthony, there is nothing wrong with working for McDonalds. Working anywhere puts you out in front of the pack.

·
Registered
938 Posts
There is a funny story I heard about departed General Norman Schwarzkopf in the Desert Storm counteroffensive against the Iraqis in Kuwait. He was observing a female officer who was in command of a large force that was attacking the Iraqi Republican Guard, and she was simultaneously directing AWACs that were scanning for incoming Iraqi warplanes, directing Apaches and A-10 Warthogs against Iraqi tank positions, advancing M-1 Abrams tanks supported by Bradleys, and artillery batteries supporting B-52s dropping bombs to cut off retreat options. Schwarzkopf watched with admiration at how smoothly the female officer controlled what was in large measure complete battlefield chaos, and orchestrated these diverse units into creating a kill box. When things finally calmed back down, he complimented her on her abilities to stay calm under pressure and to deal with multiple tasks with such ease and skill. He asked her where she learned to perform under such pressure and to stay calm, cool and collected. She laughed and said "Oh, this is really nothing, sir. I used to work the drive through lane at McDonald's!"

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Here is something to think about....

Here in Kentucky "couples" rent out homes, thus they grow a "garden", which after the first months rent and the "food" is sprung up, they stop paying rent. Thus the eviction is no existant to these couples since its their source for food. If they even get a notice, the renters can sue the landlord for violating their food source.

There were several couples in the area that did this and moved around town and only paying first months rent, then living there until their food source ran out.

Its a common thing here from what I understand, which is why a lot of people whom rent homes out specifically state in the rental agreement "No Garden that will provide nurishment".

Weird, but I hear this more than once a year happening in the area.

I don't know that much about it in detail for the laws, but I know 3 landlords that this has happened to.

Thus, I choose to live far away from city ordinances.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That is simply amazing Survival. You have me shaking my head here.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If she wins, she will get nothing from the city. The city will never pay! The little town that I live close to was sue about ten years ago and the plantiff won 2 million. The little town never paid anything. It just make the paper and that was it. It never came up in again. I hear around town that they would just close down the town but they never did. Nothing else was ever said.

·
Registered
280 Posts
In case no one has noticed.....
and we talk of the scenario all the time...
Sh*t has already hit the fan !!!!
Some of this is a scam.....
some of it is real !
We have the 'tall grass' police in cities.....
the 'snow on sidewalks' police.....
Most of our regulation today is pure bullshit.....
but as the old adage goes....you can't fight city hall....[and win]
Most stories have much more to them....than meets the eye.....
or ears.....
As Survival states.....there are people that know about these
obscure rules...ie. you can't evict them if they grow a food source.....
obscure, but real.
Some bullshit is real.....we know the gov't is more than willing to
over-step the boundaries.....but some bullshit is simply a scam......
There is always more to the 'whole' story.
If she was 'rightfully wronged'....I am on her side.....
face value of a situation like this.....is not enough info.

Reactions: preppermama
1 - 16 of 16 Posts