Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
No shit, Sherlock. :) Those two are the main meat I eat.
I'm with you, there. I could live on fish from the Gulf!

Couple fish with greens (I don't care which) and garden peas and Denton is a happy camper.

Red meat has better protein for the human body but it gets harder to digest as we get older, as you said.

Fact is, we eat more animal protein than we need. It's become an expectation to have it with every meal but it isn't necessary for the average Westerner.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I could be a Chippendale....as long as the audience was deaf, dumb and blind.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I wanted to make sure you knew. I figured you thought they were vegetables.
I feel a Mississippi put down is soon to follow. Granted, we aren't all the sharpest tools in the shed down here in Mississippi, but we do know our meats & veggies. :)

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
If only fish and poultry tasted like a big, juicy steak.
Amen to that. But I have found, especially with say pork loin, that if I marinate it in soy sauce & Worchester sauce, that it does seem more like steak when grilled.

Now my baked salmon is to die for. I take all skin off, season well with Sazon seasoning & refrigerate for a few hours. Then I bake for a half hour sealed in foil. At the bottom I put fresh rosemary branches, then the salmon, cover with a paste of soy sauce & brown sugar, then sprinkle fresh lemon juice followed by lemon slices on top. Hate to say it but it is better than steak.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
If only fish and poultry tasted like a big, juicy steak.
This was chicken breast over an open fire last night, basted with lemon and butter and some other spices.

I'm a red meat lover but this was pretty damn tasty.

chix.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
Going on a road trip here to transport my stuff from one state to another state that will take about a week and guess what's on the menu, MRE's :vs_smirk: best way to avoid the Covid-19.
Eat Right, diet right, die anyways no one is getting out alive, any questions?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
As a God-fearing man, I note that one of the early lessons in the Bible is that God rejected Cain's offering of vegetables and consumed Abel's fine offering of fresh meat. Cain, that asshole vegan farmer, got mad (typical liberal vegan, am I right?) and up and killed upright Abel with a damn rock (I feel certain that he snuck up on him in true liberal fashion). Rumor has it that Cain was the first Rodham-Clinton......:vs_smile:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I love pork (I actually prefer it to beef) and chicken is okay (but I'm not really a fan of turkey) and fish is fine as long as it's salmon.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
21 - 40 of 66 Posts