Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I've always been a carnivore because i'd feel empty without chunks of meat on the plate in there among the veg, and if it was good enough for cavemen it's good enough for me..:)
But some people say meat is NOT good for us, and I'm just wondering if they're right?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I eat meat of many kinds, pork, beef, fish or fowl.

A good ham sandwich is hard to beat. And I have had some fish sandwiches that rank high on my list of likes.

So, my answer is this we should eat meat.

What do the critics of meat offer as a substitute, is it tofu?
Get out of here!

·
Administrator
14,679 Posts
You can't have your pudding if you don't eat your meat.
(I think some of y'all will get that)

·
Registered
3,899 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The good lord wouldn't have given us teeth if he he didn't want us to eat meat. Let alone put so many tasty critters on the earth for us to eat.
Good point, Bear Grylls wouldn't have a show if he only ate grass..:)
God said-
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
Personally I've always been a carnivore because i'd feel empty without chunks of meat on the plate in there among the veg, and if it was good enough for cavemen it's good enough for me..:)
But some people say meat is NOT good for us, and I'm just wondering if they're right?

The human digestive system is long and snakey. Not conducive to being a carnivore like a Tiger. They have wide short guts. Humans need some meat but not much. I was a raw Vegan for a year or two..with two pig out days a week to eat anything I wanted and pick up some B vitamins which are not prevalent in the plant kingdom. Its eat eat some meat or take supplements. I was very intergetic..hit my ideal boy weight..which at that time was about 230 or so...and was never hungry. Its sorta of take off of a diet we started on called the Halleleujah Diet. If I ever catch a bad old disease I would go I would head right back to it. Now some natural health gurus claim those of blood type O need more meat than us type A's..but not sure on that. Now my type O pal I worked with for 20 years was a meat eating Methodist who did not believe in the Devil and was in favor or abortion. What a nut job huh? Too much protein in the human diet is responsible for many diseases..such as gout..diabetes..arthritis cancer etc. Start with Fresh fruit for breakfast..all you want. This site is very informative. A few nuts but mostly nice folks trying to be healthy. If you go there just confess to being an evil meat eater and ask for help. There ya go. Cheerio old chap! To borrow a phrase from Sir David Niven.
Living and Raw Foods Community Support

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
100% of people born will die of something. Enjoy the time you have. When I want a medium rare steak with a cold beer Im going to have it.
Yeah, I'm 72 and have always eaten whatever my stomach tells me it wants, eg meat, veg, jam, fruit, ice cream, jelly babies, junk etc and I'm still alive in good health..:)
Bear Grylls is only 46 and still playing catchup to us REAL oldy Born Survivors..:)

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Everything in balance. If you grew your own fresh food, you'd probably eat less meat. In the summer, when we are blessed with a bounty of vegetables, many dinners are meatless. I've found the older I get, the less meat I eat. Mostly I eat fish & poultry. As much as I love a big, juicy steak, I have found my body has trouble digesting it and I can feel sluggish for 12 hours or so... sometimes a whole day. Never feel that way with fish or poultry.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

Meat in general is good for you. Try to limit consumption of high calorie meats such as pork as they will disfigure your body into a fat ass.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Everything in balance. If you grew your own fresh food, you'd probably eat less meat. In the summer, when we are blessed with a bounty of vegetables, many dinners are meatless. I've found the older I get, the less meat I eat. Mostly I eat fish & poultry. As much as I love a big, juicy steak, I have found my body has trouble digesting it and I can feel sluggish for 12 hours or so... sometimes a whole day. Never feel that way with fish or poultry.
Fish and poultry is is meat.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
If only fish and poultry tasted like a big, juicy steak.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts