Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
We painted our last van woodland camo. Took a bottle of deglosser and about 8 spraycans of krylon camo paint.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,496 Posts
I've always liked these, but never used them. The hydro-static "dip kits" look simple enough, but I'm sure I'd screw it up. :D

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Its getting big to change car colors by wrapping them in vinyl. Instead of paying 6k for a respray, pay 5-900 for a vinyl wrap that protects the paint underneath and still looks good. easy to remove. They might claim a lifetime warranty, I've never seen vinyl last much more than a couple years.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Camo really makes you stand out in public - really really. That is the first vehicle any militarized force will disable.

In the wilderness it is in its element where say a bright red truck would stand out. I think tan is about the best color you can get.

And where camo is concerned, I've said it before so I'll ask forgiveness from the choir, but it doesn't matter what kind of camo you have as long as you are still. And if you aren't still, then it still doesn't matter what camo you have on. Since vehicles tend to be moving / mobile, then I'd keep it tan and put that $1000 into a netting material that will break it up when parked and a very very quiet exhaust system. Most people hear mechanized travel before they see it.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
They wrap the cars in NASCAR ,, it sticks like glue on them even when they scrap the wall it don't peel off .

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
We wrap our patrol cars. It will outlive you. Great stuff. I wonder if they will wrap my 26' camper.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I would rather just drive a rusty greenish tan jeep then wrap it up no one and I do mean no one even looks at the jeep heck they don't even park near it cause it might make their car look bad -but it is mechanically sound a runs like a top.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts