Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 of the 11 cameras I have installed inside and out. This one is the Rear Door. Most are battery operated but a few are wired. Made sure to camo the wire as much as possible. All cameras record.

Door Fixture Wood Building Dead bolt

·
Registered
105 Posts
It was a joke. But we do have them. We trained our cats to hit them if they want outside. Or they trained us to let them out when they hit them. You probably need the kick drop brackets if we are talking about someone breaching a door.

·
Registered
Bugging IN
149 Posts
All of my cameras are visible and most are within reach (because vids with just the tops of hoodies are useless.)
I've used them across the USA and had minimal interference - which was caught not only on That camera but others.
Visible cams will deter Some criminals and word gets out, which helps with some others.
I don't think visible cams make you a target. ("Oh, they must have something worth stealing!") I am now configuring a cam system for a relative in another state and she is excited to be getting it.
I also recommend motion detection devices that alert you to LOOK at the cameras. Some cam systems have that option built in but the sound effect is easy to miss and performance spotty/too many false alerts.
I prefer long-range driveway detectors or others with a targeted focus (less false alerts) versus the $20 chime-at-everything variety.
Realize that dancing shadows from trees, etc. can be detected as 'motion'.
A layered security system is the way to go!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All of my cameras are visible and most are within reach (because vids with just the tops of hoodies are useless.)
I've used them across the USA and had minimal interference - which was caught not only on That camera but others.
Visible cams will deter Some criminals and word gets out, which helps with some others.
I don't think visible cams make you a target. ("Oh, they must have something worth stealing!") I am now configuring a cam system for a relative in another state and she is excited to be getting it.
I also recommend motion detection devices that alert you to LOOK at the cameras. Some cam systems have that option built in but the sound effect is easy to miss and performance spotty/too many false alerts.
I prefer long-range driveway detectors or others with a targeted focus (less false alerts) versus the $20 chime-at-everything variety.
Realize that dancing shadows from trees, etc. can be detected as 'motion'.
A layered security system is the way to go!
My main house perimeter cameras mounted under my eaves allow you to set detection for humans only or both humans and animals. They work really well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts