Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,790 Posts
Has anybody else here had a fiasco trying to get a gun permit, is it a Jersey thing or was it just me? It has taken almost a year and every time the police dept to see what was up, the message I got was, "You'll be hearing from us soon". Time would pass and no phone call, then I'd call the lady back and she was like, "Oh, you shouldn't have waited so long to call". My background check was fine, did the fingerprinting, got the references, but then we moved. Now I have to do the fingerprints over, because we moved. I'm just wondering is it me, or have others experienced the same problem?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You live in one of the NE states where unfortunately you will probably never be able to get a cc licence. Just pray that this administration gets a law passed that upholds what the 2nd amendment states. Trump wants this & has said so. Move to Delaware it's close & you will be able to get a permit here. Plus the cost of living is at least 1/4 of NJ. I personally can't stand NJ but to each there own.

·
Registered
431 Posts
New Jersey is well known in other states for being one of the worst places in the country for gun owners. I personally consider anything North and East of DC (definitely including DC) to be hostile foreign countries when we are talking firearms.

Of course I live behind enemy lines myself at the moment being in IL, but I'm working on a plan to escape.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes NJ takes forever. Its was a 6 month process for me
Has anybody else here had a fiasco trying to get a gun permit, is it a Jersey thing or was it just me? It has taken almost a year and every time the police dept to see what was up, the message I got was, "You'll be hearing from us soon". Time would pass and no phone call, then I'd call the lady back and she was like, "Oh, you shouldn't have waited so long to call". My background check was fine, did the fingerprinting, got the references, but then we moved. Now I have to do the fingerprints over, because we moved. I'm just wondering is it me, or have others experienced the same problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts