Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
OK then. Everybody has something to bring to the table. Good ideas, bad ideas. Lets sort them out and learn from one another.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
OK then. Everybody has something to bring to the table. Good ideas, bad ideas. Lets sort them out and learn from one another.
I really don't have much to bring to the table other than an enthusiasm for learning. What do you bring Keith? Or what suggestions/ideas do you have?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I don't know. My background is diving and demolitions. Unless you should so happen to have C4 and blasting caps, and want to make something go away. I also have experience with police SWAT teams for small unit tactics, shooting, and building clearing too. And first aid.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I would suggest for shooting we don't just pop caps, but do some malfunction drills. Guns are mechanical and F up at just the wrong time! Also learn to be the gray man (look and dress for the area). When I was sent over seas I always bought local clothes to try to fit in (didn't work in asia). Maybe how to sleep in th woods? Natural ground insulation? From experience if you dont have proper insulation between you and your expensive bag you will freeze your nuts off! Just thinking out loud.

Reactions: Kahlan

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So here's my other question. If we are going to wait till spring and make a whole planned several day long affair with events, booths etc should we just scrap the Carolina get together and just join the Great Prepper Gathering of 2015 that was mentioned in another thread?

My original intention for this was just to reach out and meet other people from here that were close to me. People that were perhaps close enough to get to meet up with on a semi regular basis.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I am just 35 mins from Ft. Bragg due west , would love to meet others .

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you're ever near Laurens county, I'd be open to a possible meet n greet. Maybe a range day , I'm not sure.

If you're looking for hunting fishing outdoor stuff, you could look on SC OUTDOOR NEWS forum

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you're ever near Laurens county, I'd be open to a possible meet n greet. Maybe a range day , I'm not sure.

If you're looking for hunting fishing outdoor stuff, you could look on SC OUTDOOR NEWS forum
10-4
thanks, I'll check that out!!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts