Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Just name the time and place...I'll bring the artillery.

Reactions: Kahlan

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Well we need a volunteer to get this thing organized. Who's good at that?
Hey!! Aren't you the one that has a lot of free time right now? ;)

·
Administrator
15,092 Posts
I've got family outside Charlotte. It's about a 7.5 hour drive but maybe I could combine a meet-n-greet and family visit.

Reactions: BagLady

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
First off you're going to want to nail down the campground. If campgrounds aren't open till a certain date, then that may change the event date. Be sure to consider state campgrounds. Also, you may be able to get a better rate if you book a number of sites at the one campground.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I found DNR operated public ranges in Chester and Laurens County SC which appears to be somewhat central to us if yall want to bust caps.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The one in Chester county is where I go so I'm already familiar with it. Wish I was more familiar with it. In other words let's get this party started cause I wanna go shootin!!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I think that's what we're shooting for Blackdog. I was hoping for something sooner, maybe just a day at the range but I think people are leaning more towards a spring affair.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
If yer gonna do it, do it right :). You can't really expect people to come hundreds of miles and head home the same day. Plan for a long weekend, if possible.

Reactions: BagLady

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
That's just it, there are quite a few of us within an hour or two of each other. Not hundreds of miles.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I mean I would love to do the whole big gathering and make a weekend or more out of it. But in the meantime I was hoping to connect with some people close to me.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I mean I would love to do the whole big gathering and make a weekend or more out of it. But in the meantime I was hoping to connect with some people close to me.
If you can arrange it and enough are interested me and my son would come for a range day.
I have a few extra weapons that we could bring along ...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Next issue: hotels or campgrounds in the area. I love camping so I'm good with that. What are we planning other than shooting? Let's try to make this educational as well.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
If you can arrange it and enough are interested me and my son would come for a range day.
I have a few extra weapons that we could bring along ...
That's be awesome BoF. Lemme see what I can find out.

Next issue: hotels or campgrounds in the area. I love camping so I'm good with that. What are we planning other than shooting? Let's try to make this educational as well.
I think we've officially nominated Old SF Guy as the coordinator for a spring gathering. I'll poke him later and see if we can get started planning something official.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts