Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are Norse legends of men who fought in an incontrollable, trance-like fury. It is said that a Berserker, naked of armor, could fight off dozens, even hundreds of men, killing mercilessly and unstoppably, often escaping completely unharmed. It turns out, this is more than a legend. Within the heart of every American Patriot is a Berserker.

The committed American Patriot works hard to control his Berserker, protecting his loved ones from its capacity for violence. The Patriot, who loves his fellow man, works hard to keep the Berserker buried deep in his heart. The Patriot tells his Berserker he is not needed. He feeds his Berserker platitudes in soothing, calming tones. He tells his Berserker, "I have my family, my livelihood, my honor." But the Berserker is relentless, forever seeking a way out…yearning to be unleashed. The Patriot's struggle is a constant, and can at times require an almost inhuman discipline. Out of desperation some Patriots numb themselves against the issues that infuriate and enrage the beast within. Time passes, and with age comes experience. There are times when the beast slumbers…having grown tired of the relentless search for a way out. But as the beast sleeps, the Patriot can grow complacent and selfish…"I have my family, my livelihood, my honor." He tells himself, "America is the greatest country on earth…"

But something reawakens in the Patriot. Perhaps the aged Patriot has let his guard down and relaxed his grip on the Berserker. The beast is clever, pretending to be asleep or indifferent, to lull the Patriot into believing he has been tamed. But the Berserker is aroused by events that signal danger, events that suggest the Patriot has not been sufficiently vigilant.

- An ambassador is left to die without protection and dies without consequence. The beast murmurs "injustice…"
- People are targeted and intimidated by those empowered without consequence. The Berserker, pleadingly asks, "i-n-j-u-s-t-i-c-e!?"
- It is discovered that our thoughts (our calls) are being watched and, despite the revelation, the practice continues unabated and unchallenged. In a low roar, the beast cries out to his Patriot, "INJUSTICE!"
- The men who risked their lives to kill Bin Laden are revealed…and then killed. Their commander-in-chief endorses the breach of protocol and ignores the consequence. With a force that would kill a lesser man the enraged Berserker screams out to his Patriot, "CAN YOU NOT SEE THE INJUSTICE!!!???"
- A phony trial based on trumped up charges is given serious attention…as if it actually matters…specifically to obscure the injustice...and it actually works… Finally the beast, now replete with unimaginable rage ROARS, "THAT'S &%[email protected] IT…"

The Berserker is tells his Patriot;
And yet, you do NOTHING!?
Have you no SOUL!?
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND the sacrifices that have been made!? So you could have your family, your livelihood, your "honor"!?
You call yourself a Patriot, but you are not even willing to endure minor inconvenience, much less pledge your life, your fortune, your sacred Honor for YOUR FAMILY!?
With his entire life force, the Berserker SCREAMS insults at his Patriot, "COWARD!, TURNCOAT!, WOMAN!, YOU ARE NO PATRIOT!"
In exhausted exesperation, the beast tells his Patriot "You don't have to unleash me, but for God's sake…DO SOMETHING!"

Will you listen to your Berserker?

Constitution of the United States
Bill of Rights
The Federalist Papers
The Three Percenters
Oath Keepers
Tea Party Patriots
National Rifle Association

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I find it disturbing that some would want to give up, probably the best / free "ist" life on the planet to go all "beserker" and bring it all down. Like some how that is going to make it better when it is likely to make it worse. First the begrudged government will restrict freedoms even further to protect itself, and if the beserk should succeed they'll probably impose a puppet dictator who will some how miraculously say we are some how more free than we are today.

Life in America isn't perfect - BUT ITS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN MOST ANY PLACE ELSE

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I do not have children, but I have nephews and nieces many of which are very well prepared people. They are also growing up in a country that is far more free than just about any other. They will enjoy lives far better than most because they are self sufficient and have learned from their parents, uncles and grand parents. I also know at least one will fight with every ounce of her blood to defend the nation which she loves - from all enemies - foreign and DOMESTIC.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Keep thinking that way...it won't be for your kids

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
All evil needs to flourish is for good people to do nothing and IMO voting for those that are in power now is doing nothing. We do not need to rebuild America, but we do need to rebuild the government. The government will not be rebuilt using the vote as the government controls the voting so those in government must be removed. Talking and complaining will solve nothing. The government rules by force and will only be removed/controled by such. Rule of law says those who do evil must be punished/stopped and our government is evil. This is not about political party but all of government down to local governments. Government is involved in everything and that is destroying this country. Put government back to it's basic job of protecting the country and providing basic rules, which have been written out in our Constitution.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I find it disturbing that some would want to give up, probably the best / free "ist" life on the planet to go all "beserker" and bring it all down. Like some how that is going to make it better when it is likely to make it worse. First the begrudged government will restrict freedoms even further to protect itself, and if the beserk should succeed they'll probably impose a puppet dictator who will some how miraculously say we are some how more free than we are today.

Life in America isn't perfect - BUT ITS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN MOST ANY PLACE ELSE
That's only because you don't understand that we all don't see it as the best, most free life on the planet and want something better.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I'm just curious? Where are people living better? Where are people more free? I can think of a few, but guess what - they have governments too. In fact in some of those places I believe their government is even more dominating yet they'd call themselves "more free" and "better off."

I disagere with the assertion it must be broken violently to fix it. It can be fixed by the vote if the people were willing too. Sadly, and I know this angers many, the majority of the people that do vote in the United Statse want social security, Medicare, food stamps and an overbearing obtrusive government. And hopefully those voters will see it as a lousy way to go and shift in their mind set before its too late. Such changes have occured before, and will likely occur again - without violence.

I'll say it as clearly as I can - anyone that thinks this government has gone so far as to warrant violence against it - deserves what the government will do to protect itself.

That's only because you don't understand that we all don't see it as the best, most free life on the planet and want something better.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The destruction of our government would only result in something worse replacing it.

Being a survivalist from my point of view is baking the best of the environment and circumstance I am in. So far this strategy has worked and is working for me and mine.

I sure as hell will not join a ban of fools that did not vote (cast a half vote for Obama) in the last election or voted for Obama.

Some of you people forget this is a survival forum. You write as if you are pro-SHTF. The idea is to survive not cause a circumstance that would lessen you chance to survive.

The Russian revolution was caused by jealously coveting what others had. It resulted the USSR.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I want to put the constitution back in control and our rights and freedoms returned. I don't want to change the original intent of government, but I do want them to stop controlling our freedoms to protect those who do not know what they are.

I believe the best way to do that is to either require our representatives to vote with their constituency unless it violates the constitution or (and) make commercial lobbying illegal. If that doesn't work then we can do away with our representatives by amending the constitution and have the people vote directly.

Reactions: bigdogbuc

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'm just curious? Where are people living better? Where are people more free? I can think of a few, but guess what - they have governments too. In fact in some of those places I believe their government is even more dominating yet they'd call themselves "more free" and "better off."

I disagere with the assertion it must be broken violently to fix it. It can be fixed by the vote if the people were willing too. Sadly, and I know this angers many, the majority of the people that do vote in the United Statse want social security, Medicare, food stamps and an overbearing obtrusive government. And hopefully those voters will see it as a lousy way to go and shift in their mind set before its too late. Such changes have occured before, and will likely occur again - without violence.

I'll say it as clearly as I can - anyone that thinks this government has gone so far as to warrant violence against it - deserves what the government will do to protect itself.
Sorry Ripon, nothing against you personally, but I seriously hate when this subject comes up and someone who finds it good enough ask those questions. It makes me sick and the kind of pissed off it's not worth getting right now. What matters is here. Not somewhere else. Here. All the woos of this country, from our political corruption, massive over taxation, tyrannical governmental violence on it's citizens, infiltration of illegals, overwhelming amount of people living on people's back, feeding off the government nipple, etc., etc., have been discussed a million times and will be discussed a million more. Anyone who finds it perfectly fine in my book and doesn't want change for the better, there's nothing I can say to help them understand what they already should.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Fuzzee I don't take it personally no problem. Please don't take my defense of the current structure or system as seeking to maintain the status quo. I don't agree we need to stick with the status quo, but we change by educating others, creating voting blocks and getting people into office that make change a reality - NOT WITH THE BARRELL OF A GUN. That just isn't the answer. My life is pretty good and much of it has been in a down ward spiral the last 4 years. I could easily hate on the corporate America that flooded my market place and drove me out of business. I rail constantly about the "old" friend I had that abused food stamps, unemployment benefits, and lies about his income to avoid taxes. I find many things our government is doing through in the name of security appalling, but I see no reason to give up a safe, sane, and solid existence to fight those brutally when I am free to fight them politically.

I think, like you, we get frustrated when we see posts of various natures. I generally ignore these posts calling for "action" but its intriguing that today - all 3 of the forums I routinely scan to learn something new - had people calling for violence against our government? I am appalled at that cry. I see no reason for it. Our governments intrusions, issuse and failures simply do not rise to that cause. And in fact, right now, in this day - I'd have to defend it - our government that is.

Sorry Ripon, nothing against you personally, but I seriously hate when this subject comes up and someone who finds it good enough ask those questions. It makes me sick and the kind of pissed off it's not worth getting right now. What matters is here. Not somewhere else. Here. All the woos of this country, from our political corruption, massive over taxation, tyrannical governmental violence on it's citizens, infiltration of illegals, overwhelming amount of people living on people's back, feeding off the government nipple, etc., etc., have been discussed a million times and will be discussed a million more. Anyone who finds it perfectly fine in my book and doesn't want change for the better, there's nothing I can say to help them understand what they already should.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuzzee I don't take it personally no problem. Please don't take my defense of the current structure or system as seeking to maintain the status quo. I don't agree we need to stick with the status quo, but we change by educating others, creating voting blocks and getting people into office that make change a reality - NOT WITH THE BARRELL OF A GUN. That just isn't the answer. My life is pretty good and much of it has been in a down ward spiral the last 4 years. I could easily hate on the corporate America that flooded my market place and drove me out of business. I rail constantly about the "old" friend I had that abused food stamps, unemployment benefits, and lies about his income to avoid taxes. I find many things our government is doing through in the name of security appalling, but I see no reason to give up a safe, sane, and solid existence to fight those brutally when I am free to fight them politically.

I think, like you, we get frustrated when we see posts of various natures. I generally ignore these posts calling for "action" but its intriguing that today - all 3 of the forums I routinely scan to learn something new - had people calling for violence against our government? I am appalled at that cry. I see no reason for it. Our governments intrusions, issuse and failures simply do not rise to that cause. And in fact, right now, in this day - I'd have to defend it - our government that is.
I don't recall advocating violence. I think you may have misinterpreted what I wrote...if that is what you got out of it...

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Many years ago Americans fought a war to be free from a ruling class.
We have since allowed our elected officials(on all levels) to become a ruling class.
People clamor for term limits--- we have term limits-- it's called elections.
Trouble is folks keep electing the same folks because --" they all suck, except mine, so I will vote for him/her"

Government should be small and underfunded so that they must get approval from the people for monies to fund what they want.

Can we ever get there??

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I don't recall advocating violence. I think you may have misinterpreted what I wrote...if that is what you got out of it...
I must have misinterpreted it as well.

I support becoming involved. This is especially important in areas which are considered "swing" or "battleground" districts, counties, cities, or states.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Wow, this is a survival forum, by some of the posts I'm reading it's more like a lets give up forum and things have never been better and the government is here to help. Is everyone really pleased with how the elections have gone and the country is just rebounding. I for one just can't wait for nobama care to really kick in, the next bailout, more gun control, higher food and gas prices, more government thugs waiting to grab my crotch and tell me what to eat and think. Guess I missed the latest memo on being a good citizen, guess I'm not a model citizen like many here.
Maybe if I lived in komiefornia, chicago, nyc, I wouldn't know what real freedoms are and wouldn't understand whats really going on. Oh well, I never was very PC anyhow.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Glad to see level heads stating their opinion without bashing or ridicule.
I agree, were the "best off" counrty on the planet, but it can always be better.
Is there alot of things wrong, yes -hell yes, but there is no easy fix, so we just need to work towards a common goal-better...

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
No Ekim, were not "happily drinking the koolaid", and I damn sure aint happy about the way were headed, but I see no easy fix, someone stated earlier, and I agree, It starts with educating and th realization that soon "the middle working class" that pays most of the price, and soon the middle class will be the minority..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts