Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read articles in the past talking about making a "bleach solution" with calcium hypochloride for water purification then adding a certain measurement of that solution to your water that needs purifying . Sounds like a great Idea since the CHP will store longer than regular household bleach (6 months before it starts breaking down is what I remember) and you will get more water out of a 1 pound bag of CHP. Here is my question about the topic....In these other articles they are talking about "HIGH TEST Calcium Hypochloride " (sounds like about 78% CHP). Where can you find High Test CHP? Or can you just use regular CHP for pools and hot tubs? I believe the hot tub chemicals are 48%. Don't those have algieside and other junk in there that we shouldn't be putting in our bodies? This would be a backup to a backup for water purification as I would most likely filter first, boil second and chemically treat third. Just looking for a little more knowledge on the subject and NOT wanting to poision the wife and kids. Thanks In Advance!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts