Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so anyone ever put caches around their property or around their bug out location? I think its a good idea, store some ammo or just needed survival stuff incase you cant get back to get your b.o.b. Im really thinking about buying some ammo canisters for this reason.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I considered putting caches of barter items that might buy me some time if I was caught away from "safe" areas but I am learning that it really isn't necessary and would only keep me alive until I showed the location of the cache. It would be easier and healthier to lead someone into a trap than to a cache.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
PVC pipe with threaded end caps plumbers puddy. Post hole diggers. Black plastic trash bag over threaded plug twelve inches of dirt cover. Take a shit load of small nuts from tractor supply strew them every where for metal detection equipment. Dont forget where you placed them and your done. Remember certain things will not fit in a four inch pipe. You may need to go to six and even eight inch.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
If you have a bug out location, having some caches along the route to your location could be invaluable. Locations should be recognizable to only you and will most likely not be disturbed by construction or natural erosion. Permanent landmarks to help with finding the locations works well. On personal property, these can be done under existing structures, near waterlines, and possible egress routes.
Remember if the political climate is that it requires a person to bury their firearms, it's probably time to dig them up and use them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts