Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will be buying a Rugar GP 100 model KGP-141 .375 4.2" barrel. Does anyone who had owned this gun or any of the Ruger GP 100 line of hand guns know of a reason I should not buy this gun?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Good revolver...
I can't see any reason not to own one. I have gotten good use from mine, a stock GP100 with a 4" barrel no issues, other than some will have a rough and gritty trigger when new out of the box. Option one shoot the heck out of it and it will smooth up over time, Option two clean up the burrs and drop in a spring set.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't own one but have shot one more than a few times. When I do get a wheel gun that will be my first choice. Solid, reliable, and just plain cool.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
I don't own one but have shot one more than a few times. When I do get a wheel gun that will be my first choice. Solid, reliable, and just plain cool.
That's what I thought but ended up with a first gen Security Six. Not a thing wrong with a GP100 though.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have the blued 6" not a thing wrong with it, easy to carry and can take a deer in a pinch.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I don't own one but have recently developed the itch to start accumulating Ruger revolvers. I like the GP100 quite a bit and see no reason not to own one.

-Infidel

·
Registered
363 Posts
The GP100 is on my short list. I don't own any revolvers but am getting my wife a 2" 38 for her conceal carry. Since she's getting a revolver, I decided to get a GP100 for myself and when I can find one, a Ruger Blackhawk convertible. For some reason, having a cylinder that can shoot 9mm intrigues me.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I own the Gp100 and the Security-Six. The Security-Six has well over 40000 rounds through it and still shoots five shot groups to 1" at 25 yards. There is no other revolver that is as strong or reliable.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I love my GP 100...I don't trek in the woods without it. I carry it in a custom leather chest holster (doesn't get caught in the heavy scrub). Built like a brick sh!thouse. It is a heavy bugger though...not for CC.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I have carried a Ruger Security-Six as a concealed carry weapon for 42 years. It has a six inch barrel, weighs just under three pounds (unloaded) and it has never been heavy. I started with a shoulder rig and then made a custom pancake holster for it when everyone kept telling me you couldn't carry the six inch in a pancake holster. You can too!

I even forgot I was wearing it once and went to the airport to pick up my sister-in-law.... It wasn't funny but I was told to place it in a locker and return. (long before 9/11/01)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts