Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newmax just had a headline scrolling on TV that biden will sign his XO on Thursday for gun control. So if you know of any AR's etc still available I'd pick them up.

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
More toward “ghost guns”.. or some such BS as that.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
You know... those 'ghost guns' that were legally purchased at Fred's Firearms and Underwater Basket Weaving Emporium. After a 4473 was filled out, a background check done, the 7-day waiting period. Yep..... those 'ghost guns'.

·
Registered
Staying alive
470 Posts
I think they're going after pistol AR/AK's. At least to start. Would explain why they're on sale everywhere.

·
Administrator
14,856 Posts
There is not much Biden can do with EO's.
I do know he can ban imports of guns and ammo. An ammo ban would cripple us, since probably one half or more ammo on the shelves is foreign.
Back ground checks? Not sure about that.
Any bans on weapons that are now legal would have to be done by Congress. And the Senate will not go along.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Look to California and NY for your answers. If they banned it there, that’s what they will do Nationally.

Say goodby to 80% lower receivers.
Say hello to background checks for Ammo
Say goodby to many part kits
Say Hello to 10+ day waiting period.
Say Hello to 10+1 magazine size or smaller

And the list can go on.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Newmax just had a headline scrolling on TV that biden will sign his XO on Thursday for gun control. So if you know of any AR's etc still available I'd pick them up.

Time to calm down everyone. If real gun control could have been enacted by EO, Obama would have done it years ago. God knows, he tried and accompolished nothing. . He doesn't even have the power to ban 80% lowers since that is legal.

It would be a stretch, but I do think he could get arm brace pistols classified as SBRs, but there is an easy fix for that. Take the arm brace off. If you shoulder a pistol with an arm brace, it technically is an SBR in the first place.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not what he can or can't do it's the panic it will cause. You think gun prices are high now, once the sheep hears gun ban watch the stampede.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,314 Posts
Supposedly, these are the points to be addressed via the 6 executive orders that will be submitted:
  • The Justice Department, within 30 days, will issue a proposed rule to help stop the proliferation of “ghost guns.”
  • The Justice Department, within 60 days, will issue a proposed rule to make clear when a device marketed as a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act.
  • The Justice Department, within 60 days, will publish model “red flag” legislation for states: Red flag laws allow family members or law enforcement to petition for a court order temporarily barring people in crisis from accessing firearms if they present a danger to themselves or others.
  • The Administration is investing in evidence-based community violence interventions.
  • The Justice Department will issue an annual report on firearms trafficking.
  • The President will nominate David Chipman to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
(source: JUST IN: Joe Biden to Announce Six Executive Actions on Gun Control, Including "Red Flag" Laws For States to Model)

We'll see how intrusive they are. These would largely push responsibility to the DOJ to "propose" rules affecting the areas mentioned.
They don't want "proliferation" of home-made guns, like 80% lowers and such. This will likely mean a ruling considering 80% receivers to be considered firearms... which will require a massive overhaul of that definition, which would require an act of congress.
They don't like pistols made using braces.
Red flag laws are, by design, used to deny due process. I'm glad to see they are being brought up at a federal level so they can be openly challenged in federal court by a state.
Does anyone know who David Chipman is?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Supposedly, these are the points to be addressed via the 6 executive orders that will be submitted:
(source: JUST IN: Joe Biden to Announce Six Executive Actions on Gun Control, Including "Red Flag" Laws For States to Model)

We'll see how intrusive they are. These would largely push responsibility to the DOJ to "propose" rules affecting the areas mentioned.
They don't want "proliferation" of home-made guns, like 80% lowers and such. This will likely mean a ruling considering 80% receivers to be considered firearms... which will require a massive overhaul of that definition, which would require an act of congress.
Red flag laws are, by design, used to deny due process. I'm glad to see they are being brought up at a federal level so they can be openly challenged in federal court by a state.
I believe former ATF agent that has most recently been with the Gifford antigun organization

·
Super Moderator
9,314 Posts
I'll start investing in 79% lowers then.
"Like" 80% lowers.
They will intentionally be non-specific so as to cover as broad a scope as possible.
It's a gun grab, after all.... gotta throw as wide a net as the people will put up with.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
"Like" 80% lowers.
They will intentionally be non-specific so as to cover as broad a scope as possible.
It's a gun grab, after all.... gotta throw as wide a net as the people will put up with.
Fine. I'll use -1% lowers. Like a billet of metal.

·
Super Moderator
9,314 Posts
Fine. I'll use -1% lowers. Like a billet of metal.
With these fools in power, even that might be off the table. :ROFLMAO:

The point is a bit moot, as they won't be going after the manufacture of truly "homemade" firearms.
I think they will target "build kits" that are being sold. Commerce is really the only area they can impact, by rule, without a law being passed... and even that is sketchy.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
With these fools in power, even that might be off the table. :ROFLMAO:

The point is a bit moot, as they won't be going after the manufacture of truly "homemade" firearms.
I think they will target "build kits" that are being sold. Commerce is really the only area they can impact, by rule, without a law being passed... and even that is sketchy.
Then I'll stick with getting plumbing parts from Home Cheapo and building single-shots.

·
Super Moderator
9,314 Posts
Then I'll stick with getting plumbing parts from Home Cheapo and building single-shots.
I hear that the right size brake line can make for an excellent .22 barrel.
;)

Reactions: KUSA

·
Registered
Staying alive
470 Posts

That would essentially make the national gun laws the same as they are here in MA already. Except we can still but 80%.

Reactions: Any Beastie

·
Super Moderator
9,314 Posts
That would essentially make the national gun laws the same as they are here in MA already. Except we can still but 80%.
shudders in American

1 - 20 of 55 Posts