Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I could afford an EoTech or an AimPoint. However, I can't fit it in my budget at this point. So, I've narrowed down my choices to either the Bushnell TRS-25 or a Sightmark holographic. Both are close to the same price, around $100. Does anyone have experience with either of these optics for an AR rifle? I've researched them both and they both have good and bad reviews. The Bushnell appears to be waterproof whereas the Sightmark is water resistant. Thoughts and opinions on these two optics are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I have the Bushnell AR 1x MP on my AR platform and I love it. It was about $50 more than the TRS-25, but has a bigger aperture and, more importantly (to me anyway) it features "iron" sights on top so you have something to use if your optics get clogged with mud, dust, or whatever. Another plus is that it has red and green settings for the t-dot reticle so you can set it to better match the light conditions.

I'm not a big fan of holographic type sites. They just seem to exposed to be durable, at least to me. Also, waterproof seems to be the way to go.

To answer your question, nope. I have never used either of the ones you mention. :)

Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Gun barrel

Reactions: trainershawn

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Bushnell TRS-25. It is by no means top-of-the-line, but having said that, it's an excellent value. It stands up to the recoil of high-power ammo, holds zero, etc. What makes for a better red dot is a smaller dot (I believe the TRS-25 is 3 MOA, higher priced options can be 1 MOA) and longer battery life. But again, the TRS-25 is fine for my purposes.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
There are many affordable AR sights and scopes.
Sight mark as a short to mid range reflex sight is an excellent low cost option. Can be had as low as 49 dollars.
Listed at 79 was on sale.
It also allows co-witness with your iron sights. I picked up one last year to try it did well and provided a Good clear Dot in full sun. Drive tacks at 300 meters no. Hit a man size target at 300metes no problem.
If you get one read the direction before you try to adjust it and Full understand how to properly zero an AR using a 25 meter zero target.
Reflex sights are it when it comes to fast accurate shot with an AR.
Fact is great sights and scopes can cost as much if not more that the rifle. Not something most are will to pay.
ACOG 1000-1300 , Mars 600-800 ect
They answer is some where in the middle.

Reactions: trainershawn
1 - 4 of 4 Posts