Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with BulletSafe vests? www.bulletsafe.com I am on the road quite frequently, driving through some tough areas and thought this might be a good investment this Summer. It's Level III protection by design at $299 and Level IV protection can be obtained by adding front and back ballistic plates at $169 apiece.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
I have no experience with the vests aside from picking one up and feeling the weight of it, which is considerable with plates. It wouldn't work for me, your mileage may vary.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,627 Posts
He mentioned they offer Level 4 plates. Those are rated to stop a 30.06AP round.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Never heard of that company.

A good rifle and you will be dead
even a bad rifle with a good shooter behind it.....

The problem with body armor even the stuff I wear overseas is weight and mobility. Another problem is it is easily defeated by shooting the areas that are not covered. Most body armor does not cover the hips or leaves the sides of your torso open. If you are considering body armor the one question you should honestly ask yourself; "what is my threat?"

·
Registered
21,168 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I could just see you now, driving up to a client getting out of your car to make a sales call or delivery or whatever it is you do. You walk into your customers place of bidness, dripping with sweat from wearing 40lbs of AR550 steel plates sitting in pockets of a vest.

If its that damn bad, you need armor plated car and reinforced windows. Armor Me - Full Body Armored Cars Trucks BulletProof Vests Car For Sale Custom Kevlar Clothing
Not to mention people who buy vests tend to forget to buy helmets. Preventing a bullet to the knoggen is probably more important than preventing a body hit. I have seen a lot of people live through bulllets to the body.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was checking out the AR500 armor.

Carrier + front and back LVL3 + side plates LVL3 = $424 not a bad investment. They have a torture test of them from 20ft putting in .223 and 7.62

In WROL/SHTF with no doctors available I would be pissed if I took a round that could have been stopped if I had armor. I plan on buying and wearing often to condition myself.

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
I was checking out the AR500 armor.

Carrier + front and back LVL3 + side plates LVL3 = $424 not a bad investment. They have a torture test of them from 20ft putting in .223 and 7.62

In WROL/SHTF with no doctors available I would be pissed if I took a round that could have been stopped if I had armor. I plan on buying and wearing often to condition myself.
Go for it young man! You've got spunk...(and your little lady's expanding belly proves it...;) )

·
Super Moderator
9,627 Posts

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
That's why I moved up to the 300 win mag. I'm aiming for belt buckles. Yes, that is really a 250 yard target from my Armalite AR-30 300 win mag. So much for the body armor.

·
Super Moderator
9,627 Posts
Yes, yes... we all know you're all sharpshooters with big guns...
That isn't the point.

Body armor saves lives. Period.
In an urban environment, killing a man from 250yds away is murder, not defense.
The vast majority of gunshot injuries are from handguns. Body armor serves to protect the vital organs of the torso from perforation by these and similar rounds.
It *IS* effective and should be considered if one expects a hostile environment.

Let's dial down the machismo.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Never heard of that company.

even a bad rifle with a good shooter behind it.....

The problem with body armor even the stuff I wear overseas is weight and mobility. Another problem is it is easily defeated by shooting the areas that are not covered. Most body armor does not cover the hips or leaves the sides of your torso open. If you are considering body armor the one question you should honestly ask yourself; "what is my threat?"
Take your shoulder pads and loop em around your belt at the top of the bell and around your leg at the bottom of the bell. Instant hip/thigh protection (at the rating of the balistic material) when in a vehicle I used to wear one shoulder pad, and the other went on the leg of the same side. Whichever side faced the outside of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
That's why I moved up to the 300 win mag. I'm aiming for belt buckles. Yes, that is really a 250 yard target from my Armalite AR-30 300 win mag. So much for the body armor.
Cut off the rest of the target to hide your 47 misses?
Just kidding. Lol

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Take your shoulder pads and loop em around your belt at the top of the bell and around your leg at the bottom of the bell. Instant hip/thigh protection (at the rating of the balistic material) when in a vehicle I used to wear one shoulder pad, and the other went on the leg of the same side. Whichever side faced the outside of the vehicle.
Well that might work if I wore standard issue IBA. Being a civilian I try not to wear the same stuff the Soldiers wear ( less confusing for them lol).

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
That is a poor group. I've several 06, wim mags and a M1A that will do better at 200 yds. My .222 Rem does 1/2 that at 200.

Is that factory stuff? Or just sloppy?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Not to mention people who buy vests tend to forget to buy helmets. Preventing a bullet to the knoggen is probably more important than preventing a body hit. I have seen a lot of people live through bulllets to the body.
Last I knew helmets do not stop bullets. They are for stopping shrapnel.

Reactions: duncan1371
1 - 20 of 33 Posts