Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of building what I think is the ultimate BOV. I'm looking for some ideas and suggestions.

Let me know what you guys think

I started with a 1991 BMY M923A2 6x6 some of the key featues are

49" run flat tires with a central tire inflation system
solar battery charger
225 gallon fuel tank, truck gets 10mpg
armored cab,battries,fuel tank and radiator
bullet resistant glass stops rifle rounds
extended cab seats 5
on board air
high volume air operated pump to siphon fuel, extra fuel filter with water seperator
cummins 8.3L diesel engine all mechanical
1/2" steel bumper

Real Bug Out Vehical4.jpg Real Bug Out Vehical1.jpg Real Bug Out Vehical5.jpg Real Bug Out Vehical6.jpg

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
OOOHHHHH ::redsnipe:: You got my attention at least. That thing belongs in the novel I'm writing. Hell would you be mad if I used that thing in the book? What is its name? It needs a badass name. That thing is straight rippin dude.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
WOWWWWWWWWWWEEEE!!

I like all the work you've put into the cab!

I've seen a few deuce and a halfs with what I think they call "mobile command center" back halfs like this that would seem like something worth considering.
View attachment 2390 View attachment 2391

With or without the bump out. It would provide secure shelter to sleep / setup communications / use for storage / do most anything. Heck, being a giant steel box it's EMP / fallout / zombie (looting teenager) resistant.

With 6WD, and all the torque needed, I'd consider an even lower front bumper for pushing the inevitable broken down / abandon small cars that'll be on every road out of the way. Could even use a hydraulic ram like used to raise and lower snow plows to drop it in place when needed and lift it up when not.

What you've already done is definitely a 10 on the COOL meter in my book though!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
That truck is awesome! My only suggestion is lighting. I'd add enough off road lights to illuminate the area front, back, and both sides. You seem pretty handy so fabricate framing for your lights to sit in and add separate switches for each 4 sides. Just my thought. Also, have you considered a trailer? The military ones that are made for trucks like yours are stout and could almost double your storage. You have a very nice setup indeed! Best regards,Mike

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
You just won new member of the year. Niiiicce. ::clapping::

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
That truck is awesome! My only suggestion is lighting. I'd add enough off road lights to illuminate the area front, back, and both sides. You seem pretty handy so fabricate framing for your lights to sit in and add separate switches for each 4 sides. Just my thought. Also, have you considered a trailer? The military ones that are made for trucks like yours are stout and could almost double your storage. You have a very nice setup indeed! Best regards,Mike
For real, he needs lights all over that thing- that thing needs to look like a UFO at night, with a mere flip of one switch. LED light bars off Ebay. They need to be wrapped around that thing like a cheap suit. One touch, BAM- daytime conditions. Evil fears the light. I would fear the hell out of it if I was a SHTF raider. Seeing the cab I would dare to say it would become a mobile battle station like the semi truck "Rhino" in the cartoon M.A.S.K.

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
You definitely want to look at a box in the back to set up for basic stores & sleeping. The shorter military trailers are kick butt but makes for carrying a lot of extra supplies. Even taking one of the trailers & splitting it in half for water & spare fuel would be worth while.

M101 trailer allows for pulling an extra 3/4 ton of supplies.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OOOHHHHH ::redsnipe:: You got my attention at least. That thing belongs in the novel I'm writing. Hell would you be mad if I used that thing in the book? What is its name? It needs a badass name. That thing is straight rippin dude.
Your right it does need a badass name, Ive been thinking about a name for a month now and havent come up with anything good

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
Fact is, a vehicle can tow more then it can carry. 1,000lbs of water is but 125 gallons since water is 8lbs per gallon. So having a trailer as a water buffalo makes sense. That is only a few days of water for five people. Reason I say five people is based on the five seats.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Light are a good idea I will have to get some LED's to mount on the front,rear, and sides

·
Super Moderator
2,927 Posts
Twin .50 calls for and aft.

So where would you bug out to?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts