Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to touch on a subject that I fear many women preppers dont seem to want to talk about or haven't thought about
I recently did a Table top review of what I keep in my bugout bag and I just couldnt help but mention the fact that lone women will need to dress
more unisex or "manly" in a BUGout type situation
Here is the video I made

for now I carry a set of Coveralls and a pair of military pants and regular Tshirt in my kit
later when I can afford it I will try to find some more low key non military Man Clothes to put in my kit
But I just wanted to put it out there

Ladies when its time to bug out Put the boobs Away

Im sure that if it was a really serious situation It would be smart even to cut hair short and maybe even roll around in something smelly

What do you guys and gals think?

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Damn, cell phone on charger, and this computer has no sound, But you seem very prepared...Just watched the first few seconds, becouse I try to be a gentleman, and something kept distracting me..Glad to see more women out there preparing. You might want to check out underarmor, they are very snug fitting, and have great wicking ability, but you prob have forgotten more about womens clothes than I have learned..
Does your bug out bag include any booby traps?????
Have a good one, and glad to "see you"...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
First, welcome to the site!

You do raise a very good point, and one I hadn't given much thought too.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Then there is the Bra holster

Blend in don't stand out applies to everyone looking to get out out of Dodge with SHTF

You bring up excellent points and options

·
Registered
324 Posts
I suppose I should have a bug out bag just in case altho I don't really intend to bug out unless my town decides to blow up the only bridge between me and the West. This one had a lot of good things in it, lots of those things I have sitting around my house, not very organized, or thrown in one of my 'prepper bins'. OK, I admit, I am inspired. Being a female, boobs don't really affect me one way or the other. Mine seem to be variable in size depending on what kind of physical shape I am in. When I was doing sprint triathlons (which I did until age 50), I was much more aerodynamic. If they are too big, they do get in the way. I actually prefer it when I am skinnier than I am now. I prefer being more aerodynamic than I am now. It's also a lot less weight to carry around, especially given, I don't need them for their God given function any more. They served me well for that purpose. I have already committed to getting back on my bicycles this summer, so, hopefully, I can get a bit more aerodynamic, all the way around. (No, no more sprint triathlons for me, but I admit to once doing a bike race years ago, and one of my competitors was an 87 year old man!! I was in awe of him, and thought how cool it would be to be bike racing at his age. He was rather smug knowing he would get a medal for his age bracket because he fully admitted he had outlived his competition. My concern would be I would croak if I tried that now, and I am no where near 87.) I thought the video was good. I learned a lot. I will pack a bug out bag, and it won't be that really nice orange one I love. I will also put in my favorite pair of Rosies overalls in it, not the pink ones, but the khaki ones. ;)

·
Registered
938 Posts
I think it is a good idea to appear unisex in a situation where law and order has broken down.

I recall reading how women in WWII Germany disguised their figures with padded clothing to avoid being raped by Russian troops looking for revenge.

The more a gal looks like a guy, the less that gal will stand out to sexual predators. Blending in is a smart survival strategy.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
bug out boobs... very funny and very sexy. Unfortunately not funny but still sexy when SHTF. I believe coveralls will be a good idea. you need to put on clothing that is hard to take off for someone forcing them self on you. thank you for posting this video as it is very valid and important. I believe ALL women should protect themselves and dress " manly" during shtf or wrol. I hate to say it but hundreds of women get sexually assaulted during time of civility, can you imagine what will happen during failure of civility. for those who have kids, think about this subject too, don't count out child predators.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Those, BOOB's will get you free room and board at my BOL.

So if you show up here with them covered you will get treated like a male.

If you show up here with them showing, you get a free pass.

Now that I have told you the truth, will you reconsider.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Im not a chick so I have never really thought about it any. But yeah perhaps walking around dressed in a way that screams woman might not be the best of ideas. But then again, I guess you could work it either way to your advantage as needed as alterego suggest. I guess what ever works best for you. Irregardless I think it will be important to have some rugged and durable clothes. Heavy denim Overalls and some of the better quality BDU's would probably hold up a lot better than a pair of "skinny jeans" and one of those clingy tight fitting thin T-Shirts from one of the designer outlets. It wont look as fashionable Ill admit but I am kind of thinking in SHTF situation youd wanna be more practical than "cute and fashionable" for the most part.

Nice Vid. Looks like you have a good selection of items there and what I like the best is how you gave a description of why you chose what you chose instead of just saying this is my mess kit like so many others have done. Sometimes the reason why you have something is more important to those viewing than what you got. For example we know you got the tent for shelter, thats a no brainer, but why did you choose this particular tent over the others out there to put in your BOB. Just saying...

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Yes, but shotlady is trained...Hope you had fun my friend. I know you made some memories...

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I feel sorry for the fool that thinks my daughter is an easy target just because she is a female.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The reality is a female will be a target for rapists and should be smart about not making it easier for someone to rape them or advertise the goods. I've had the talk with various sisters of mine though pretty much all of them prefer to ignore thinking about and preparing for shtf. Their stupid in that aspect, but I've tried atleast. Like men though, I think for females it's most practical to bring and wear clothes that are tough and will blend in. Depending on your surrounding. I myself pack OD BDU's and will be wearing a sturdy pair of jeans with OD shirt besides when I bug out as to be able to blend into the woods and a town with other people if needed. There will be no shortage of labor to be done also and frilly silk shirts won't last long. As times goes on the fat that people have now when things get lean will be gone. For those that survive anyways. Pretty much everyone will likely die if they don't surround themselves with others who each can work together with, pool strength and knowledge with and watch each others back though.

BDUs @ BDU.COM

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Boobs don't interest me in the slightest, I like the warm-hearted caring type like Nurse Chappel, see how tender she is towards the ailing Spock even though he don't want her, huh there's bleddy vulcans for you..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Long hair doesn't really lend itself to a survival situation. I certainly wouldn't shave my head, unless head lice become an issue, but, a short bob would do in terms of style and ease of caring for. I guess it depends on how much any woman wants to fuss with her hair. I am not much of a fusser with hair or make up, so, that is stuff I wouldn't miss much. I am petite, so, it's pretty obvious I am female, bra size not considered, but wolverines and badgers are short animals and are quite nasty. ;) The anatomy that matters most in a survival situation, is the organ located between both ears, that would be the brain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know if you have thought about it or not, but one or two nice sports bras and a ace wrap might help you blend in. I can't say I know how comfortable it my be. If it keeps you from being assaulted by some scum bags then I would thing its worth it. Hope my two cents help.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts