Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on YT and he's got some cool mods on it. I went with bins and used the cargo compartments already in the FJ, but he's got some neat additions to his.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like these are becoming a favorite of Prepperforums, he's on this board somewhere. I have to say I never was so pleased with any car I ever owned as I am with my FJ. Believe it or not the gas mileage is not that bad, it's roomy as hell, can haul a trailer and the ride is really smooth on an off the road. It's stable as can be on the trails, you barely need to use the four wheel drive. The VSC (vehicle stability control) really helps lug that beast around when you need to boogy. The motor is responsive and powerful. I took it through knee-deep mud pits, greasy red clay, soft wet moss and grasses, across rocks, up a pile of loose granite slabs and the machine climbed it like a billy goat. Just pleased as punch with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are going to go with a newer FJ or like the old land cruiser ?
I was thinking the older FJ would be more cost and emp resistant.
Be fun to add a 4 cyl Mitsubishi diesel to it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Only problem with the FJ cruiser is most are either to new or in to good of shape to really go deep off road, unless you don't mind a few dings and scratches, but they definitely have the capability. But no mater how capable it still needs a winch minimum 9000 lbs for an FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Keep a eye on Craigslist for a mile marker hyd winch 12000 lbs. used on all h1 for the military.
People are coming home from the war with this winch don't know why... I picked one up for $200 a moth ago
Just a thought

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are going to go with a newer FJ or like the old land cruiser ?
I was thinking the older FJ would be more cost and emp resistant.
Be fun to add a 4 cyl Mitsubishi diesel to it.
I like my FJ Cruiser, it's sort of big but it's really stable and the driveline is a good one.

·
Super Moderator
9,035 Posts
I also used bins with lids to store a large majority of my canned foods and equipment. They can serve so many other purposes, they're wonderful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts