Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You forgot one key item, what about ambushes? Likely thieves would consider any vehicle such as an RV or truck/camper as a prime target.
In all fairness, thieves might see any vehicle as a potential target and people walking with stuff as well.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
hyper inflation, roving gangs, food shortages, I am staying put

government forces start coming to take people to FEMA camps and force acceptance of a micro chip...I am packing up everything to survive and heading to small town Maine or back woods PA or maybe a buddy in Idaho...they might still get me (Dead) but I will be one of the last places they care about

·
Administrator
15,568 Posts
And this part is crucial. Many small communities won't trust a newcomer for a very long time. And, if things get bad enough, could see you as a resource for supplies.
When we first moved to rural South Georgia almost 30 years ago, when meeting new people in town, invariably the first two things the ladies wanted to know was where we went to church, and who my grandmother was.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
When we first moved to rural South Georgia almost 30 years ago, when meeting new people in town, invariably the first two things the ladies wanted to know was where we went to church, and who my grandmother was.
Same in West Virginia... lol

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
In '88 we were strangers until we told them we lived next door. Then we were told where all the good fishing spots were

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
81 Posts
To me, bugging out is only in the plans in the event of a local disaster. Take your pick, forest fire, hurricane, tsunami, etc. Fortunately, one of the good things (yes, there’s a few) about living in upstate NY is that we don’t get those mega events. The worst is a little lake effect snow and there is no reason to bug out from that. Still, preparation for low likelihood events is always important. Be prepared. Simple but complex motto.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After working in an engineering field for many years its well known that you should have more than one option to reach your end goal for success. that said every good prepper should have two plans regardless. Bugging in is best when shit hits the fan in fast mode. however in the event of long term power outage or worse like an air strike, nukes, or even an invasion, bugging out to a safer location is always an option. in a perfect world we would all have a second home in a safe place to go to, but having no plan is a a plan to fail. So sharpen you pencil and figure out what you might need, remote cabin?, camper? or even just a small piece of land you can't be thrown off of if you have to go live there. Be Well, Stay Safe

21 - 28 of 28 Posts