Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
15,594 Posts
We moved to a good “bug out” place 25 years ago.
Our little farm on the corner of 40th and Plum.

40 miles out, plum in the middle of nowhere.

I firmly believe that God led my wife and I here to get all “dug in” and ready to weather the coming storms.

·
Administrator
15,594 Posts
...We moved to a good “bug out” place 25 years ago...

Well, I am almost with you. I found a place with gracious housing I had never seen before. I expected to see a sign marked, "No bikers allowed." Then again, the front part of this new, double-plus garage had room for a bunch of angry bikes!

Speaking of which, it was my wife that drove a car around looking out for all the fancy-smanchy places I had overlooked today. I just assumed that a nice place like this would have bounced me out years ago. Now the suburban guys just wave. In the early years I just assumed that a "wealthy-ish wave" was an insult to keep bikers moving.

The first time I had to "empty my pockets" I think I scared a newbie officer. After all, when you have more "stuff" than officers you get a very funny look...
Hey, Chico!!
It's good to see you around, my friend!!

·
Administrator
15,594 Posts
And this part is crucial. Many small communities won't trust a newcomer for a very long time. And, if things get bad enough, could see you as a resource for supplies.
When we first moved to rural South Georgia almost 30 years ago, when meeting new people in town, invariably the first two things the ladies wanted to know was where we went to church, and who my grandmother was.

Reactions: inceptor
1 - 3 of 3 Posts