Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People living in the cities need to determine a way to get out of the city when needed. Here is a little plan I have worked up for you. It is my opinion and a guide only.

First, determine the easiest and fastest way out of your city. Once you have figured that out, map it, and then go to that area now. Try and keep your end target area to one tank of gas if possible. There may not , probably not many if any gas stations still pumping gas. Now that you have found your area, try and find a cheap motel and stay a couple of days. From there you can "scout" the area. Buy scouting, try and find some un-improved land for sale cheap. No utilities , paved roads etc. Now, if you can find 5-10 acres, at a reasonable enough price, try and buy it with the minumum down payment, which will help you by keeping cash in your pocket.

After you find your land, target end spot, now, see if you can find a used conex or shipping containers close by to your land. They vary in price and moving them can be reasonable to very expensive. The 20' long containers can generally be moved on the back of a tow truck company roll back, which will be much cheaper then a 40' requiring "trucks" installed underneath and a diesel tractor to move it.

Once there, you can rent a local backhoe with operator for a few hundred frn's and have him either level a spot or even cut a channel into any surrounding hills you may have on your property. Once done, you now have a somewhat secure place to store preps in. Water barrels, food etc. Bedding, clothes, first aid supplies and whatever else you deem necessary for life after whatever.

You may be able to plant small trees that grow fast in your area to help conceal it even better. This is where you can use your noggin to improve on it.

Wouldn't this help you and yours sleep a little better at night ? I should think so. Your old bar b que, a few propane tanks and you would have a way to heat water and cook. Much better then an open campfire.

This is a simple plan I laid out for a friend living in Va. His first thoughts were to bug out into the hills. He had a general area already picked out, but no plan other then that. People just "heading for the hills" will not last long for the most part. Winters can be bad and even worse. Up here N.E.Arizona, it gets down to -22 and can stay that for weeks on end. I am at almost 6,000ft. Higher then Denver. My wife calls our place Alaska in the winter LOL and actually it is not that bad, but sure can make you feel that way.

How many of you planning on bugging out to the hills have even considered sleeping out in the wet and cold ? If not you better start thinking about it.
You will spend most of your energy just trying to stay warm and then on top of that , try to find food ? Reality must play a part of your planning.

Lets see, you bug out with out a destination or preps waiting for you . Your plan.

I am doing my plan of at least of shelter, food, water, a bar b que and fuel. I can get out of the weather at least somewhat, while your sleeping or trying to sleep in the harsh weather. When I get up in the morning, I can open my vent on the roof that I installed, and fire up the grill and make a pot of coffee, cook some bacon (canned) and reconstitute some scrambled eggs, and I can be warm, fed and coffeeied up, to face the day. You ?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..see if you can find a used conex or shipping containers...you now have a somewhat secure place to store preps in. Water barrels, food etc. Bedding, clothes, first aid supplies and whatever else you deem necessary for life after whatever..
Or we could even cut windows in the container and live in it like this dood, he seems well organised, I see a stovepipe and a small fuel (or water?) bowser.
He ought to paint the container white to blend in with the snow, then paint it green in spring.
For the best concealment he could drag it into woods, or bulldoze out a pit and put the container in it-

Dunno why this person has stacked one on top of the other, and they look like solar panels up there?-

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aqua Hull. I don't watch that junk at all. Way to old , and from all the laughing I would be doing, I would probably have a heart attack. Actually, I started to watch one last year, and about 15 minutes into it, couldn't stand anymore. Too crazy for me. The plan is mine. It is just the way I think.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LuckyJim. The pipe is of course a chimney pipe. I suspect that the bowser is for fuel oil. Water would be obtained from the snow melting as needed. As far as the double stacked ones, I have seen them before and they seem to work out fine for people with a small property.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts