Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
I glad to see that you can carry so much, but my question to you is, how far can you carry that much weight and can you do it in rough up and down terain ?

·
Registered
466 Posts
As Shotlady said, store the larger, heavier more permant things at your friends house. Maybe you and your dad can split a smaller container and stash it there and fill it with all kinds of goodies. Are you going to have to bug out over hills or is it all flat ? Hills will take a toll on you and yours, especially with packs overloaded. Since backpacking and hunting/fishing were my main hobbies for about 25 years, I can tell you that not many people can carry a 50 lb pack up and down hills and go very far. Besides, how much stuff do you really think you would need for a two to three day trip ? I built mine more as a get home bag, due to the fact that we live at about 6,000 ft and snows can come at anytime. Can leave you stranded on the road home with almost no notice at all. Still, my packs only have about 25 lbs each in them. I don't need an i-pad or laptop with me. Carry only the bare necessities in your pack. You don't have to be comphy, only fed , warm and dry. The rest will come after you reach your destination. It is also something to look foreward to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.