Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so little ol me is looking for a war/battle belt to make my web gear. so im looking for a wide molle style belt with suspenders that are wide at least on the shoulders. what im leaning toward doing on my gear is seperationg various compartments for orginization & a ditch option. my pondering is for my heavy stuff id like a small - medium pack attatch to the upper back region of my webing, ive seen what looks like but packs attatched like this on some alice web gear in pics, but i can never get the name of the bag or how the heck they attched it so.

im trying to create a light highly modile carry system. my gol is 20lb or less, although realisticly id be happy w/ 30lb or less.

a mix between the following -

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have battle belt, Artkis Allen belt, 2 or 3 different chest rigs and what I like best is a USGI Load Bearing Vest. The vest is for the most part mesh so cool in the summer and goes over a jacket or coat in cooler temps. I used it while riding my ATV to carry a CZ Rami, 2 extra mags, Garman GPS/radio, 1st Aid Kit, and 2 pockets for food, snacks and what not. On the chest portion I have a small pouch for my camera and a 3rd mag and folding knife. You also have the option of mounting a hydration pack on the back.

You can buy new LBV on ebay for half what a good belt costs.

Karsten

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
BOULDER Pack System

I've used a nimrod modular system for years and they are superior construction and ultimate add-ability to customize your needs.

You start with a fanny pack with a shoulder harness, the fanny is very well padded on the belt and the fanny compartment is large.

Zip-zip and snap snap and you have added a day pack above the fanny, it all integrates and is very well built.

I love the over the shoulder rifle scabbard That easily clips in as well, awesome for riding cycles or horses as the gun takes a lot less abuse on rough trails.

Kind of pricey but they last forever , well at least the 12 ish y,ears I've used mine

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
2" FatZombie Duty Belt (2FZDB-01)

I'm wearing a duty belt 5 days a week for at least 10 hours and the only belt to wear is the zombie belt from Jones Tactical. Stupid name but a super comfortable belt. As for suspenders they all seem to suck and only seem to be made to piss me off. On long hikes I use a H harness connected to my belt and it fits the bill. I have been issued Blackhawk, 511, and Bianci, they all break at the buckle or the Velcro wears out and they are constantly have to be adjusted.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'd 2nd the vest option for a day pack set up. Avoid the plate carrier capable option unless you want to sweat to death.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've worn LBE's a lot and still do in part for work. You don't want a heavy LBE on day in and day out. They were designed around military need and gear and that gear and need has changed a lot. There's lots of choices out there if you really want to refine your gear and don't mind spending the money. I see gear purchase as a major importance in prep. If you really see the need to prep and understand how much on edge this world stands, that it could crumble at anytime and you need that gear to survive on, don't scrimp where you don't have to. Like firearms and other important tools, buy the best you can afford. You can get yourself started also, and than upgrade as you can afford to, but do upgrade when you can as this kind of gear is important.

I prep gear in a toolbox outlook as no one thing is the best for every job or activity. My LBE gear and vest rigs are for guarding home ground (when shtf) and not for bugging out unless I'm bugging out by vehicle, where I'll take almost everything in tact gear for use at the BOL. On foot though where you're very limited to what you can wear and carry, I see it much better to split gear up for diverse situations. Like my sidearm and spare mags being on my pants belt that I can have with me 24/7 and can wear concealed when other gear is stashed to go into a populated situations and not be as open a threat and target for those looking for armed people. (Like police and military) I prefer to use satchel, active shooter bags for carrying rifle mags as I can throw them on fast and easily take them off fast to rest, relax at camp or take off to take a dump same as leaning my rifle on a bush or tree. When you sleep too, your pack makes a perfectly good pillow.

I don't put a lot of stock in the 72 hour rig either. If something happened that would actually lead you to bugging out and need to survive off your rig, it's much worse than 72 hours. You're not going to bug out on foot if your vehicle is still useable, or it's a simple power outage from a storm or you need to leave town for whatever reason and things like power and fuel stations are up and running. If you're smart, you'll revert to the bugout bag/rig only when your forced to. Unless you simply like hardship. More to ya than.

If you want an LBE rig though, than Tactical Tailor, Eagle, Blackhawk, London Bridge Trading all make quality gear. Take in mind that some things, any company makes is not as good as something else they do. You'll have to choose what may be best for you.

TACTICAL TAILOR Quality Tactical Gear for Military and Law Enforcement

London Bridge Trading Company, Ltd.

Home BLACKHAWK!

Eagle Industries - Home

Fuzzee

Part of my bugout rig,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts