Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a Coca Cola fan all of my life. Now, I am boycotting them. So I did a search of "companies owned by Coca Cola". Crush (in certain countries), Nestea, Minute Maid, lots of bottled waters (which I never buy anyway, but many folks do), juices, powdered flavored drinks. I was surprised.

If you are boycotting any corporations due to their interference in our political process, you may wish to do a search for what hidden businesses they own.

·
Premium Member
9,849 Posts
I'm all for boycotting companies that do this but we also have to think, many of the employees that work for these companies maybe Conservative. I'd hate to see good people lose a job because of a boycott.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to boycott the management without it affecting the workers I'm all ears.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm all for boycotting companies that do this but we also have to think, many of the employees that work for these companies maybe Conservative. I'd hate to see good people lose a job because of a boycott.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to boycott the management without it affecting the workers I'm all ears.

If you work for the devil you are bound to get burned.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Boycotting only works if those targeted give a crap. These huge corporations couldn't care less about your boycott unless you are the protected class of the month.

I'm not saying don't carry on with it, I'm just saying don't expect change.

·
Administrator
15,004 Posts
Don’t switch to Pepsi.
Their CEO said not long ago that she does not want the business of anyone who voted for Trump.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts

I fully support boycotting these companies.
They are a global company and will not suffer at all by what amounts to a handful of Americans refusing to buy their product.
I emailed them when they came out with the "try not to be so white" or whatever is was a month ago. Apparently others did too as they addressed it within two days.

Also, in some new book about the Bidens, it shows where, through Obama, one of the relatives of Biden (sister maybe) ended up on some fancy political arm of Coke.

If it was a Mom & Pop hardware store or something, I agree.
It's not.

Reactions: Michael_Js

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I had not thought of that. Thank you!

Yeah, will Coca Cola miss my business? Probably not. But if millions of people quit buying their products, that will make a difference.

After the initial post, I did more searching and found this site:

No way to avoid them all. Sigh.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Boycott coca cola, sure. Don't have it around much anyways. If the goal is making a moral stand in your own sphere of influence, it works. If the goal is to make any major change in the world sphere, it doesn't work at all.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
When you feel like there is nothing you can do, sometimes just knowing you did your little part, regardless of how insignificant it is...matters.

People ask me all the time why I waste my time emailing so and so if I know it doesn't do any good.
For no other reason than...it makes me feel better. I at least...did something.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
If anyone wonders how the left is so good at getting companies to change....one of the ways is because they are so good at emailing, texting and raising a stink...en masse.

The right? Not so much.

·
Banned
Staying alive
515 Posts

I wouldn't worry about that. Coke has been weeding out all their conservative employees over the last few years anyway.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Not sure about the boycott thing, but I think sending them an email counts for something. Just as you might think emailing your congress person has little effect, in fact it does, one email carries an immense amount of weight. Due to the fact most folks do not care enough to devote the time to do so.

Similar to what the NRA does, send out postcards to all members voicing opposition to a bill that only requires a signature and a stamp. Imagine a million postcards on you reps desks, they listen!!

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,564 Posts
When you feel like there is nothing you can do, sometimes just knowing you did your little part, regardless of how insignificant it is...matters.

People ask me all the time why I waste my time emailing so and so if I know it doesn't do any good.
For no other reason than...it makes me feel better. I at least...did something.
This. We're only responsible for our own actions, not everybody else's.

·
Registered
24,344 Posts
Hard to boycott products and services I don't use.
I don't fly. I don't drink any soft drinks because they are nothing but poison. The only sport I sometimes watch is MLB (Atlanta Braves), and that is when I visit my parents, who are huge Braves fans.
Corporations are run by loony lefties. They are in on the attempt to alter our already crappy society.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts