Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
Hunger Games
A Brave new world.
Read them and I guarantee you will poop your pants.
I have read The Hunger Game trilogy, and I listened to Brave New World on an audiobook. I tried to read 1984 and pooped out somewhere along the line. Those kinds of books, triggered a storm of thinking in me, but not fear.

It was more like an expectation, in that human beings were destined to become animals, more than men.

I have read and considered Revelation by John the Apostle, and it puts other books into context.
The book is hard to know and comprehend, and it reveals a terror-filled time. And I believe it.

Certain people today, are becoming beast-men right before my eyes: and its so eerily similar to, The Island of Doctor Mereau. And there is a Beast King coming to rule over them too. That is the scariest thing of all.

(Note To Any Leftist Idiot: I am drawing a comparison, a simile. I am comparing men to beasts. And it’s valid.)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read The Hunger Game trilogy, and I listened to Brave New World on an audiobook. I tried to read 1984 and pooped out somewhere along the line. They triggered a storm of thinking in me, but not fear.
It was more like an expectation that human beings were destined to become animals, more than men.

I have read and considered Revelation by John the Apostle, and it puts other books into context.
The book is hard to know and comprehend, and it reveals a terror-filled time. And I believe it.

Certain people are becoming beast-men right before my eyes, and its like The Island of Doctor Mereau became real. And there is a Beast King coming to rule over them too. That is the scariest thing of all.
Frontier Alliance International has great studies on Revelation.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
Frontier Alliance International has great studies on Revelation.
Thank you, I will have to look at it, and I do need to read and study Revelation. Every time that I think that I have a handle on it, I find out different. I have never done a proper study of it.

I took a glance at Unto Death, and it sounds hard corps.

Quote:
Though not every believer is called to give a martyr-witness, every believer is called to embrace a martyr-mentality, every Church a martyr-mandate, and every minister a martyr-theology. Whether we live or die is ultimately in the hands of our Master, and if we have not entrusted Him with that decision, we may be deluding ourselves into assuming we are His bondservants when in fact we are not.

That sounds like me talking.😃

Reactions: Any Beastie

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, I will have to look at it, and I do need to read and study Revelation. Every time that I think that I have a handle on it, I find out different. I have never done a proper study of it.

I took a glance at Unto Death, and it sounds hard corps.

Quote:
Though not every believer is called to give a martyr-witness, every believer is called to embrace a martyr-mentality, every Church a martyr-mandate, and every minister a martyr-theology. Whether we live or die is ultimately in the hands of our Master, and if we have not entrusted Him with that decision, we may be deluding ourselves into assuming we are His bondservants when in fact we are not.

That sounds like me talking.😃
Yes it can be a little intense although I am not prepared to say wrong, I have only listened to the series on Revelation from the app and watched sheep among wolves. It is pretty interesting and I think they are really hitting hard on what the Church should be at "the end of the age". Beware: Dalton's favorite word is eschatological and he uses it ~five times a minute.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
Yes it can be a little intense although I am not prepared to say wrong, I have only listened to the series on Revelation from the app and watched sheep among wolves. It is pretty interesting and I think they are really hitting hard on what the Church should be at "the end of the age". Beware: Dalton's favorite word is eschatological and he uses it ~five times a minute.
You misunderstood my meaning, the guy is right, and he is being hard corps in his advocacy.
In today’s world, and in the soon upcoming American society, there will be martyrdom. They will kill the Christians, because they belong to Christ, and not to Allah, and not to anything else:people who won’t accept a Marxist Left government, or a pack of murdering Black Muslims & Antifa; which will surely be used as brownshirts by the current US government.

And I think that a confederacy like that is quickly coming into being, it is nascent. There are a lot of groups that are currently enemies of one another, who will adhere for a time, into a killing machine that goes after their opponents.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You misunderstood my meaning, the guy is right, and he is being hard corps in his advocacy.
In today’s world, and in the soon upcoming American society, there will be martyrdom. They will kill the Christians, because they belong to Christ, and not to Allah, and not to anything else:people who won’t accept a Marxist Left government, or a pack of murdering Black Muslims & Antifa; which will surely be used as brownshirts by the current US government.

And I think that a confederacy like that is quickly coming into being, it is nascent. There are a lot of groups that are currently enemies of one another, who will adhere for a time, into a killing machine that goes after their opponents.
Hard corps... not sure I should laugh but I did. Martyrdom has always been part of the Christian story. Just because it hasn't happened in America doesn't mean it won't. Religious liberty is going down the toilet. I think it will be a real separating of grain from chaff as the American Church uses Christianity as a virtue signal or social activity. Those who are really faithful to Christ will be the ones who's blood reddens the earth. Those who are really faithful to the Sunday Social (as I call it) will move it to a house with some buds and buddies.
As Revelation says there will be martyrs form every tribe tongue and nation before the return of the Lord. Every nation. America is no exception. It is hard for me to wrap my mind around, but my family and I keep it continually in our prayers that we will be given the strength to never deny our Lord no matter the price.
If you get around around to listening to the series I would love to hear any thoughts!

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,614 Posts
Hard corps... not sure I should laugh but I did. Martyrdom has always been part of the Christian story. Just because it hasn't happened in America doesn't mean it won't. Religious liberty is going down the toilet.

I think it will be a real separating of grain from chaff as the American Church uses Christianity as a virtue signal or social activity. Those who are really faithful to Christ will be the ones who's blood reddens the earth. Those who are really faithful to the Sunday Social (as I call it) will move it to a house with some buds and buddies.

As Revelation says there will be martyrs form every tribe tongue and nation before the return of the Lord. Every nation. America is no exception. It is hard for me to wrap my mind around, but my family and I keep it continually in our prayers that we will be given the strength to never deny our Lord no matter the price.

If you get around around to listening to the series I would love to hear any thoughts!
Let me explain what hard corps is, imagine fighting men who go in shooting; into hostile areas where there are not wanted, or where there is a fierce hatred of them. The Airborne Corps and the Marine Corps do that, and so does SOCOM. They don’t care how the locals view them, since they are sent by the high command of America. Usually by order of the President, and they mean to get things done. That is hard corps.

The Roman Leigons were that way too. The best way to typify America’s hard corps is to look at Delta & DevGroup: along with the SF Groups & the Ranger Regiment, since don’t come any tougher.

Referring back to Post #9 about martyrdom, there is nightmare on the way; and Christians will be martyred in America, and Christians had better go in with their belts tight. Because when that starts happening, it will be like a wheat thresher: the wheat grain will be kept by God; and the chaff will be discarded as garbage, and burned. It looks like it might be closer than it seems, and lot of people will not endure it.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
10 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts