Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
i believe that’s part of the one second after series…. Right? If so, I’ve read it. it was a good series.
It's the sequel to it.

·
Registered
Financial antifragility
12 Posts
I have an idea for a prepper/political novel inspired by The Count of Monte Cristo (which I'm in the middle of now), where a modern-day right-winger is jailed and red-pilled by a wise inmate who reveals to him the private keys of Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin wallet - he becomes rich (like Edmund Dantes) and fights back against globalism...

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
You are the first one to make any sense on this thread. Obummer took most of our money and Biden is going for what is left. Sorry we dont have anything to invest in get rich quick strategies. Its pretty sad huh?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lucifer's Hammer: A Novel Mass Market Paperback – May 12, 1985
by Larry Niven (Author), Jerry Pournelle (Author)
Mass Market Paperback - $8.94
Amazon - Lucifer's Hammer: A Novel: Niven, Larry, Pournelle, Jerry: 9780449208137: Books

Read the Book Review: Lucifer’s Hammer by National Space Society | Dec 5, 2007
Book Review: Lucifer’s Hammer - National Space Society

First paragraph of the review:
Lucifer’s Hammer is probably the first novel to describe realistically the effects of a comet striking the planet Earth. Rather than a hero story, like the movies Armageddon and Deep Impact, Lucifer’s Hammer is more like a 1970s disaster film, such as The Towering Inferno, Earthquake, or the awful Meteor. In a disaster film, the story begins by introducing a large, star-studded cast of characters, often with varying degrees of likeability or ethics, and then threatens them with death from natural forces. Some characters live; some die; the survivors usually learn some underlying lesson; and life goes on. This is the shape Niven and Pournelle gave to Lucifer’s Hammer, and the book offers lessons for space advocates today.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You might want to look at Franklin Horton's books, I just finished his Borrowed World series and it wasn't bad. I believe he has his books on Audio, I'm thinking of reading his Mad Micks series people rate his books fairly high 4.5 to 5 stars.

·
Registered
Bugging IN
202 Posts
The Bravest Battle by Dan Kurzman.

It's non fiction but will really knock your socks off when it comes exploring some peoples will to survive.

If you are an urban prepper you'll be able to glean some very interesting things from it.

Godspeed
Enjoying it on Kindle - gives me a greater respect for what some people have been through and how Authorities can act.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
1984. Animal Farm. Farenheight 451.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts