Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone live in Wisconsin and know of or have a good BOL?

·
Registered
640 Posts
If it's a "good" BOL... I doubt they would tell you about it on a public forum. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao ok sorry a good bold area?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well... you need to plan a BOL based on your skills and available supplies. Are you looking for a small town to lurk around? Middle of nowhere? By a lake? By a stream? Dense woodland? A remote cabin in the woods that you can acquire from the owners?

Start with what you know and think you can do and modify your BOL as you progress forward. Right now... you are pretty new to this so I wouldn't use a remote location recommended by someone who has been doing this for years. You'd just get yourself good and dead. I'd focus on smaller communities off the beaten path with good folks who are willing to help a polite young stranger. Especially.... if that polite young stranger has something to offer them as well.

As your skills improve... you can get further and further from society.

Reactions: jmh033089

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is very true, and that is my plan. Just have to get in the right situation at the right time.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Well it will get cold here but we will be ok. Our people lived on this land with out electric and gas before we can do it again.
I am going to miss my coffee.
The location has long been ready and secure no secret, would not be a good Idea to come anywhere near it if you don't know the Near? far recognition and the routes in

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
I don't drink coffee... But I stock it as a barter item so I can talk coffee drinkers out of a box or two of ammo. :)

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Get you a percolator then u can still have coffee :) taste so much better, anyway
View attachment 768
I have researched growing coffee beans in Wisconsin . No go really. And that hazenut that is not coffee.
I will stock pile a bunch but that ia not going to last long. It will be like my HD coffee is now great stuff but at 11 bucks a pound once in a while I brew a pot.
The stored stuff will come out once in a while . Maybe after a couple years things will start to return to some kind of a market economy.
I had dreamed of knocking off the local Wiggly wiggly on the last normal day but figured I would be last in line behind a 25,000 others.
best to head in the other direction

·
Registered
98 Posts
JM, if you bug out up here, keep the fact you're from Chicago to yourself. At least until folks get to know you. The main thing is to get away from the cities. Farm country is good but kind of tight knit. The deep forests are available but most likely will be over run by other survivors. The best thing would be to take some trips around and visit some areas. Become a friendly weekender if you find a place to your liking. Buy a piece of land or a cottage. The big thing is to get out of that city when the SHTF. And have somewhere to go.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
A BOL is not bought...its made!

Look for a spot with a little bit of land to it, source of water and get hot building it.

I got a small bit of acreage adjacent to a lake and COE property (about 2000 acres undeveloped wooded flood prone area). Put a living building on it, Chicken Coop, Rabbit hutches, Raised Beds for gardening and have been adding about a dozen fruit and nut trees (each year) to it over the last 3 years. Its not perfect yet but its coming along. The best part is if the S doesnt HTF, its still a great place to hang out on the week ends and do a little hunting in the mean time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.