Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forums, so if this is a duplicate question, I apologize in advance. I live in Dallas country and currently do not have a BOL
My plans are to buy 40 acres in north Texas but I am 6-9 months away. I know that my family and 6 million other people will be leaving the city. What do I do or where should we plan to go

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
There are a lot of choices and they depend on individual circumstances. If you own your home, and you are not in the heart of a big city, you could "harden" your home and choose to stay but there are hazards with so many people so close. Your water supply will not last long unless you have a well (unusual in the burbs) and you may not have any room to grow a garden or raise animals so food will become a problem very quickly. If you and your neighbors band together (a very good idea) you may be able to grow and raise food together. You will also have more people to watch for trouble and to fight if it becomes necessary. In survival numbers count.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Kpharr, living in and/or around Dallas has both challenges and opportunities depending on where you are. With no specific BOL of your own, the best I can advise is to investigate directions you can go, and directions you can't, if there was a sudden need to get out of dodge. We're North of Dallas and the biggest concern I have is if we are all scattered during our work day or just out and about. There is a lot of humanity to wade thru to meet up.

Grab a map, figure out the easiest/safest egress directions, and start scouting areas you can at least fall back to if you had no other choice than to just run, then figure routes.

Another, even better option, is to figure out which friends or family within a couple of hundred miles might give you sanctuary. Once identified, preposition clothing, supplies, and food there.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I don't know your territory, but don't buy land in the path of hoards trying to flee an urban area unless you have the capacity to defend it and use it to gain something from those hoards.

If you have no property it's spring right? Get a BLM map (public property) and find a BOL on BLM land. Remember for this land it will be first come first serve. No cost unless you want to apply for a mining privaledge as a means to try and assert some legal control over the land. My land is of course surrounded by BLM land and I can't possibly patrol or dictate who will reside on it.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My advice would to be have enough food and water to survive 2 months and harden your existing house to survive that long.

So a large water supply on site, beans bullets and bandaids and sandbags in good defensive areas.

In 2 months your surrounding area population will be a few thousand as peopl leave and die.

After the die off/migration you can venture out and either decide to stay in place or use the mountain bike and trailer you have stored and your NVG to exit the area by night with a bug out bag.

There will be a lot of uncontrolled fires so make sure your current house is either fire proofed or away from other structures. If that is not possible know where there are empty houses or buildings in your are and bug to ne of those for the 2 months, it will require moving supplies but in the first day or 2 that may be fairly safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts