Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bug out Location (BOL) do you actually have one? Are you actively involved with yours? If you don't have one is a BOL in your immediate plans?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I started this thread, so I'll post first!

I actually have several locations in the USA and one International. To be very frank and honest my preference is for my International BOL due to no-taxes from the local government and the ALL year weather is very nice.

I personally define my BOL as being away from city life at least 30 to 40 miles. I've turned my BOL into a viable business, that's benefiting my family, survivalists, preppers now as well as in the future if or when the SHTF or TEOWAWKI we will still be making a living.

My Philosophy (I need to add this to my signature :razz:) "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!"

Semper Fi
Desert Marine
Troy B

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Good topic. It will depend on the events, etc but my primary BOL is my sailboat. It's fully prepared, world capable and independent. It can sustain us for 4+ weeks. For land in the US I have two places both at elevation but not as prepared as the boat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 15 acre farm I can head to if need be. It's prepared to support a group of about 3 families and become a thriving business when SHTF. did I mention all the goodies their to defend it? .308, .22, .410, .12 ;):greenammocan:

·
Registered
231 Posts
We are sitting on a little over seven hundred acres. Our house is not easily noticed from the roads. But even still we have a couple BOLs. Two are on our property. A few of my friends in town do the prepping thing as well and we worked something out for them to have this as our BOL. We built two small cabins with them. Then I have a friend down south with some land that we inactivly prep on.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 15 acre farm I can head to if need be. It's prepared to support a group of about 3 families and become a thriving business when SHTF. did I mention all the goodies their to defend it? .308, .22, .410, .12 ;):greenammocan:
Wow that's a nice set-up. I too live by a body of water near the Red Sea. This might be something that I will consider for an alternative BOL. Fuel here is very cheap and I already used Wind/Solar for my power requirements. The only draw back for me is that the Red Sea's water is salt and my Berkey wouldn't work in that situation. Would you care to make any suggestions on to bring this idea to fruition?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are sitting on a little over seven hundred acres. Our house is not easily noticed from the roads. But even still we have a couple BOLs. Two are on our property. A few of my friends in town do the prepping thing as well and we worked something out for them to have this as our BOL. We built two small cabins with them. Then I have a friend down south with some land that we inactivly prep on.
Sound wonderful Lattice. How much of that land is wooded (if any) does it offer a great deal of coverage? How close to the city? Is your BOL off grid as well?

·
Registered
231 Posts
About a third of it is woodland. We're off the main road a good ways, down a private road. half way in between two towns. No we aren't completely off the grid. But would get by without it if we had to.

·
Registered
938 Posts
We have a bug out location out in the boonies. 15 miles from nearest town, 50 miles from nearest city. We do have water, sewer, natural gas and phone, but no cable or Internet. Can go off the grid if need arises but prefer to be on in normal times.

After that, we hit the forest -- but that is another story.

·
Administrator
14,696 Posts
We have lived at our BOL for more than a decade now. A small homestead in a rural area.

·
Registered
466 Posts
We have lived on our bol for over 16 years now, solar, wind and back up gennies. About 26 miles from the nearest town, didn't even get a real phone for the first 8 years or so. Last 6 miles to my place are old wagon trails in the dirt of course. Trees and game

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
multiple, in three different directions within a 300 mile radius.
All with nearby water, woodland cover, plant-able soil, private road access and defensible locations.
All suitable for just us or for a reasonably sized group.
Great for long weekend motor-home getaways too :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I currently have one state side bol and one bol back in my home country. My first bug out location is approximately 50 miles from home up in the mountains, we have solar power and regular power, have water, no sewer we have an out house, wood stove, hidden in the middle of a tree farm could easily go off the grid. Only a few other people live up here and they are peppers also, but they like about 3 miles from us. There is a logging road that goes through here but I am not to worried about it. Our driveway isn't easily spotted and looks like a logging road if seen at all but it is pretty hidden. Oh yea and I currently in the process of buying a shipping crte to store my food in up here.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yay, I found this pic on the net, i'd like a boat like this so's I could hole up down a tranquil backwater til the mayhem in the cities dies down..:)
Aww man that boat is sweet. Now I am really thinking about setting up a BOB (Bug out Boat). I love the water scene. If in a nice area could be a reliable source for fish as well Use my solar oven for cooking and it's on.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
We will ride it out here 110 acers. two houses wells with easy to get to water enough wood working on more planting. The site has long been readied so the pits and route for concealed and cover movements blend in everything is range marked.
Fruit trees .
We have a group of about 25 to thirty that will locate here all with needed skills. Most of the men are current or past infantry. couple of the women also served.
Think we have the defense covered well. Supply and longer term food production should be fine all farm back round here.

Reactions: longrider

·
Registered
146 Posts
We live on about 35 acres of land, most of it is wooded but not too thick. We don't currently have a BOL but it would be nice if we could build something here, maybe have one of those shipping crates buried underground? We have plenty of farm ground and as of right now we have chickens lol I'd like to get more farm animals but my dad isn't too fond of that idea. I'm really trying to get them more into prepping. We live 5 min from a VERY small town, it only has a small gas station, about 30 min both ways from larger towns. The closest city is probably Indianapolis and it is like 2 hours away.
Since i am only a college student, I find it hard to have a whole lot of money to get many prepping tools/food/supplies. That's one reason why I want him to want to prep. He wants to get a generator, and he likes the idea of having a rain barrel. So I suppose he's doing better! lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
I want to buy a house with some property, but until then my mom/step dad has 40 acres unfortunately it's all flat and open. But it does have a well. So it would be good until it really HITS THE FAN.

My dad's side of the family has a few acres out east ky, all wooded, mostly used for camping that will have to do, just hate its 6 hours away.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Yay, I found this pic on the net, i'd like a boat like this so's I could hole up down a tranquil backwater til the mayhem in the cities dies down..:)
Great canal/ river boat. The great loop and offshoots would give you plenty of space to roam and also to stay under cover or hide if needed. You need to think about storage, water capacity, fuel, etc. fishing is great for food. Myself, I'd look at a trawler type boat. Roomy, comfortable economical yet powerful with one or two diesels. Also you can load a trawler down with a ton of supplies... Literally. Single engine trawler is the best. A decent trawler will also take you to the islands or parts south too. And lastly, great deck space for enough solar and wind to be completely self sufficient.

Reactions: kevincali
1 - 20 of 50 Posts