Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Good article. The ending, while very bleak, is very plausible, and I have to agree that any nation-wide civil war like this won't restore the US to it's complete formal glory. At best, portions of the country may be free, but I think some areas have lost their Liberty for a long, long time.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I think the article in question is a little optimistic although I think the bleak ending could indeed be a reality. An opposing force in a civil war would have to be much much larger than the established military. They will not be as well organized, lead or supplied as a standing army will be with government backing. This will greatly decrease the odds of success. I dont think an opposing force would be able to go head to head. I think most of an opposing forces success will come through over whelming numbers, attacking supply lines, damaging equipment such as vehicles making it hard for them to remain mobile, quick ambushes and assasinations for a lack of a better term against politicians will be the only chance they have at achieving a win. But make no mistake, the cost for success is going to be a very costly one. I personally dont see a chance of putting together a force with large enough numbers of skilled and tallented individuals who are committed to pull off something like this.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I try to be more upbeat... I don't believe any of us want the destruction of this nation. I am hoping and praying that when things started getting really ugly... enough of us would realize the only solution would be to pressure the moderate Dems to support a repeal of any stupid anti-gun laws in the interest of protecting this great nation and not suggest that increased attacks on otherwise law-abiding Americans is the real answer. If the Libs backed off... the people would settle down and go on with their lives.

Reactions: trainershawn

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Yeah, could happen that way. More likely SHTF is not over guns but an economic collapse. I read the 299 days series and although not that great (but I did real all 4 books so not that bad either) it was pretty accurate in the description of an economic collapse, how it would happen and the aftermath.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
The short comings I see in that article is the political unrest. If the government is perceived to lose control the masses will go forward and take what they want. The volumes will enjoy the low hanging fruit. The street gangs will take that which is just a little harder to get, and I guess I disagree that the elite won't enjoy their private security. If necessary it will be south American or even African soldiers hired at wages they can't phathom. The authors suggestion is for a short civil war with out the chaos of a dollar in collapse mentioned. With out the US Govt the dollar will falter. There will be opportunist trying to take advantage of their gold and silver holdings and probably no courts to work anything out. I don't see the solution or the outcome of such events happening in a life time.

·
Registered
24,528 Posts
There is a reason for the "random" shootings that are being used as pious reasons to take our weapons. We, the People, are beginning to wake up and see what the elite have been doing to us and what they have in store for us. They know this. They know that, as they are preparing to kick the legs out from under the economy thereby hiding their pillaging of our nation, we are beginning to realize their Agenda. They don't want us armed and awake. That is bed for them, for obvious, 180 grain weight reasons.

If a civil war comes, there will be strife within the ranks of our military. Many are Oath Keepers and Three Percenters. It will be very hard to get the reservists and guardsmen to abandon their families in order to go and oppress and kill the families of other countrymen. As I have said in the past, not everyone will have that opinion, those who join under the Dream Act, those who are gang members looking for the military training, those who can't think for themselves and have the basic understanding of human rights, coupled with foreign troops who do not care in the least bit about you or your family, will make sure that nothing is easy.

If there is chaos throughout the world, where will the government get the funding for the military? The economic collapse is about the crash of the dollar, our currency. How will the troops get paid? Man, will they ever be grouchy, and, as I recall, we were already grouchy on good days. :-D

·
Registered
921 Posts
Do those in Washington care about a few lives, if it helps their agenda?
Remember, *some* still say that 9/11 was an inside job.
Is all of this just another bundistag?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts