Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm in the process of creating a completely Free editable BOB checklist app for mobile smart phones.

My goal is to help preppers put together the best BOB they possibly can.

The app will include a comprehensive BOB checklist and also a calender for reminder notifications for items that expire or need to be periodically checked (replacing batteries, expired foods, etc..)

Is this a good idea?

Is there anything else you would like to see added?

·
Registered
922 Posts
It is a good idea, but it won't help us old farts without smart phones. :-?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep it simple. Stuff to eat, make fire, knife, and some medicine. The rest after that is fluff.
I respect that, but sometimes I feel like you can never be too prepared! The more prepared I am the more comfortable I feel.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
All you really need is a list of the essential items and multiple ways to obtain them under different circumstances.
For instance:

Air;
Particulate mask; protects against dust and airborne particulates
Cartridge type mask; protects against certain aerosols and gasses
Full face gas mask; protects against most poisonous gasses and aerosol agents
Haz-mat suit with self-contained air or rebreather; protects against gasses, nerve agents, bacterial and viral infections

Water;
Stored drinking water
chemical purifiers - iodine, bleach, etc.; kills most harmful bacterial and viral contaminations in questionable water
Compound personal filters; good for limited time usage for an individual
Still - solar, pot and reflux; for long term repeated use to purify water for small groups

Once the list is complete you simply choose what is the best components for you that fit into your budget and the expectations you have for your survival needs.
The list would include:
Air, water, shelter, medicines, firstaid, food, heat, defense, clothing, sanitation, call list, barter items, normalcy items, etc.
No two list of choices are likely to be the same but each should provide the maximum preparedness that the individual can afford. It can be updated as needs change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks that's very helpful. I will be sure to incorporate that info into the app.

I am considering grouping items into an 'essentials' group that includes must have items like you mentioned.

and then putting other items into an 'extras' group that will give people ideas of items that they could potentially desire based on their survival conditions and expectations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts