Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power went off at 13:00
Want to see how prepared the GVMT is for a EMP then just watch the news coming out of Hartsfield
It’s total chaos.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
There have been people stuck on planes some over 5 hours now they are just sitting on taxiway.
At least they have APU power and if not can leave an engine idle for electric power.

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
There have been people stuck on planes some over 5 hours now they are just sitting on taxiway.
At least they have APU power and if not can leave an engine idle for electric power.
SDF,

Why can't they evac the people stuck on planes?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
SDF,

Why can't they evac the people stuck on planes?
Heard they got a few planes unloaded and bused passengers in. but that all took time to coordinate slow going process
and over 100+ planes on the taxiway. Crazy situation. Luckily my cargo flights can still come and go ok.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Some where, . . . some how, . . . in some way, . . . there should have been multiple emergency generators to preempt this type of disaster.

Now . . . the ********* know that in THE BUSIEST terminal in all the USA, . . . one single bomb in the electrical works shuts it down.

Watch for it. And this may not be the only one.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Coming up on 37 years and 7 airlines I have worked for and I hate to fly passenger flights!
I'd much rather ride on the cargo flights if I have to go at all! I'd much rather jump in the car with mama and go!

·
Banned
23,899 Posts
Son's flight out of Denver was canceled about 50 minutes ago.

A genuine mess.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
That stinks! Was he heading to ATL? DEN weather looks good and temp right at freezing.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Another reason to try to avoid any airlines fortress hub if possible. That is hard to do with
current schedules. Hope it won't be too painful for him!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GA Power prediction says service may return around midnight.
Still no report on reason for the outage

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Done one CAT 3 in the SIM or I should say the autopilot did! All of our A/C are CAT 3 cert sure helps with the fog monster!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Loooord have mercy, I’m up in asheville for the blessed holiday, drove. First time we have driven in years...real glad we didn’t fly. What a mess!

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Done one CAT 3 in the SIM or I should say the autopilot did! All of our A/C are CAT 3 cert sure helps with the fog monster!
Ah yup, Have done a few gyro takeoffs in fog, interesting, never did incoming in the soup.

Nothing I ever flew had anything other than a std ILS system.

Mine had full ILS with the autopilot coupled to the navcoms.

I use to chase the needles a few times.

That was good enough for me, busted mins a few times at home base.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts