Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to check off an item on my "Prepping Things I Need to Buy" checklist today - bought a 9"-13" swiveling/tilting bipod made by Blackhawk as part of their new, more affordable Sportster line of products. $44.00 at Wally World, for those of you who might want to pick one up.

It pivots to allow the shooter to adjust for uneven surfaces or terrain. It has a rapid-adjust pivot lever that allows you to counteract any canting caused by out of level surfaces. It has spring-return telescoping legs, like the Harris bipods design, and is lightweight and very sturdy. It is "Made in China" but what isn't these days?

I haven't mounted it yet, but I plan to do so this weekend and take it to the range to try it out. I usually use Harris bipods, but at double the price.... Picture:

While I was there, I happened to notice that Wally World had some clay pigeon target holders, made by Champion, so I grabbed that too - $6.49 for some reactive target fun. I like to place these on top of my target stand, and although you have to reload them often, it still is fun to blow them up with some 7.62 x 51 firepower. And what do you know, these were "Made in the USA" - probably because the product design is still so new the Chinese haven't made any knockoffs yet....

Wally World is starting to get some good stuff in the Hunting and Shooting aisle. Just don't hold your breath waiting on ammo....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I am a big big big oh did I mention big fan of Steady Stix

Steady Stix

For hunting I rarely get a shot that you can go prone, too much brush, slope, etc.

But you can get great sitting shots and so I grew up making 300 yard plus shots just in the traditional sitting position.

I went to Steady Stix to add extra support for those long shots when you just can't find a fence post or tree to brace against.

I've made several kills on everything from antelope to elk at 450-600 yards in the field using these.

I made a post about my range book:

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...y-range-book-keeping-track-your-patterns.html

Look at the third picture, those 3 patterns were off of sticks (sitting position) at 50 yards. Yes I know its not a long shot but it wasn't a bench rest.

Oh and BTW the "bitterroot ammo" in that picture is from BVAC Ammunition which manufactures about 5 miles from my house and is often sold at Cheaper Than Dirt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts