Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to diversify my assets and am thinking of trying out bitcoin. What have your experiences been with it?

·
Registered
448 Posts
There’s been a couple of threads posted recently with some good information. May I recommend a quick search.

FYI they had a big jump last week. Looks like it’s dropping off now down to 6.6 in the last 24 hours

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Up about 80% but we got in a few weeks ago. I wouldn't put to much into it cause the bubble may blow. Just what your comfortable to lose. Didn't purchase a new rifle I really didn't need and put the funds into it. It sure is fun watching it grow. Gee if it keeps going.:tango_face_grin:

Go to https://www.coinbase.com/ and educate yourself. Many other products available besides Bitcoin.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
As an early embracer of cryptocurrency, and pretty much any blockchain tech as a NET in 2010 I will tell you that unless you have F-you money to do short sales, or plan on hold onto it for a long time do not touch it.

If you did want to get into cryptocurrency, I would say to mine an altcoin like Ether or Litcoin but that is out of scope of this thread, and this forum.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Well @ghostman did you pull the trigger and buy? If the 50 day moving average crosses the 200, you may get a better price to jump in.

ZLdfn09C_mid.png

Then again, this could be the beginning of the end.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Up about 80% but we got in a few weeks ago. I wouldn't put to much into it cause the bubble may blow. Just what your comfortable to lose. Didn't purchase a new rifle I really didn't need and put the funds into it. It sure is fun watching it grow. Gee if it keeps going.:tango_face_grin:

Go to https://www.coinbase.com/ and educate yourself. Many other products available besides Bitcoin.
This. I bought $165 worth of Litecoin and Etherum a few weeks
ago in a coinbase account. Now I'm happy with the return. I'm up a
lot. I pulled $100 out and still have $275 in there. Wow. No way I
can gamble more though.

If I were to review coinbase it wouldn't be favorable. I sold $100 worth
of litecoin and it took a week to reach my checking account. Also they
only take money from my CC and keep forcing a very obtrusive identity
requirement. I thought the whole bitcoin thing was about anonymity.
That's a joke. They require you to take a picture of a photo ID and your
selfie to match it. Most of the time their system is too busy to even
read it.

Like I said I can't complain about the return on investment. But coinbase
is a joke.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The market is in a downtrend now so it’s good for me and those who have limited funds. They say buy when there’s blood in the water. I’ve been waiting for a dip so I’ll try to put a hundred or maybe $125 after the next check. Blockchain info, local bitcoins, and coin base seem to be the best places to buy and sell the four major coins. Then you can send your coins to an exchange like poloniex, kraken or bittrex where you’ll be able to trade into a wider variety of coins. Some sell for pennies, nickels and dimes, which sounds funny but that’s where Ethereum and bitcoin started as well. My return on investment percentage has been unbelievable. Unfortunately I’m stuck with such a small initial investment it hasn’t amounted to much. Though that’s my own fault for not having the funds to invest. The trading app Robinhood will begin trading cryptos in February. 400,000 signups already. The majore exchanges are getting 100,000 new signups a day.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
How much risk can you afford. Bitcoin is an all out gamble. At least gold and silver have some stability and will never be worthless. But if your a gambler and have a long time to recover roll the dice.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
it posted twice

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
For anyone interested, bitcoin is dropping rapidly toward the 200 day moving average. That is probably the point to buy back in, if you're so inclined.

sc (1).png

·
Registered
2 Posts
The biggest problem I have seen with bitcoin is not buying in, as it seems easy enough to do. Rather, protecting your money and then selling the funds and getting your money seems more convoluted. Skeptical to say the least.

·
Banned
19 Posts
Hi again! I don't have a lot of bitcoins and I wouldn't want to lose it. I believe that you should always take care of your funds and do everything to keep them safe. When I started trading cryptocurrency, I decided to go to the site https://bitmix.biz/en and ask these guys for help. They help me keep my money a secret, that's cool! Now no one can steal them.

·
Registered
11,958 Posts
Hi again! I don't have a lot of bitcoins and I wouldn't want to lose it. I believe that you should always take care of your funds and do everything to keep them safe. When I started trading cryptocurrency, I decided to go to the site https://bitmix.biz/en and ask these guys for help. They help me keep my money a secret, that's cool! Now no one can steal them.
Is that what they told ya? :vs_lol:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Well, if you lose your bitcoins, maybe Rumplestiltskin will spin you some new ones out of a pile of straw. All you have to do is give up your firstborn child. What is a first-born child to get some valuable bitcoins....?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts