Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Biolite camp stove and the Grille addition about a week ago and got to try it out to day. All I can say is this thing works and works great. Their site for those that want to check it out it is BioLite - BioLite Stove. Below are some pictures of it from the site as I've yet to take any pictures using it yet. I did make some hamburgers on it today just to see how it worked.

BioLite Camp Stove
BioLite CampStove.jpg

With Grille attachment
BioLite CampStove with portable grill.jpg

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
+1 on the BioLite stove.. It packs to the size and weight of a full Nalgene bottle and will efficiently burn pretty much any relatively dry biomass you can find (twigs, etc).
Cook your meal and charge your cell phone at the same time! We're delighted with ours.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I'm shocked our regulatory agencies haven't killed this "wood burning air polluter" like they do our fireplaces (here in CA). This looks like a nice device for a small number of people but it'd be a tad much for one and a pack. I wonder how useful is is compared to just cooking over an open fire with a grill?

·
Registered
150 Posts
+2 on the Biolite...I sponsored them about a year before they were actually ready to ship. And as the "wood burning air polluter" issue goes...with the fan running...these things burn very cleanly and efficiently. Everyone should have one!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm shocked our regulatory agencies haven't killed this "wood burning air polluter" like they do our fireplaces (here in CA). This looks like a nice device for a small number of people but it'd be a tad much for one and a pack. I wonder how useful is is compared to just cooking over an open fire with a grill?
Actually it burns so well it doesn't really smoke. I used mine the first time in the house directly under the smoke detector where simply a bit of smoke from a frying steak sets it off and it didn't. It also boils water much quicker than most stove like it including electric and gas with the only exception being my induction range. It really does cook and work well and also very light weight too.

You might look up some of the review videos on youtube. It took me about 4 minutes to cook some 1/4 lb hamburgers to med well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts