Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have real proof of their existence? I have never seen any "evidence" that could be taken as fact. Just curious. I'm defiantly not a believer, are you?

Reactions: BamaBoy101

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Honey Boo Boo's a Bigfoot? Son of a Bitch. And I thought only Uncle Gus's wife, Aunt Bunny was a Bigfoot. Oh that's right, she was Puerto Rican....:razz:

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
When I used to hunt Minaqua Wisconsin one time when I was a teenager I walked past a familiar sassafras bush and heard this friggin insane sound like an alligator- a BIG alligator, in -4 degree weather with snow on the ground. Rest assured me and my much bigger cousin turned around and walked the hell away.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Bigfoot probably exists. There is actually quite a bit of evidence, but not a lot of proof.

My fav was a show I watched years ago that had them looking for a yeti in Nepal or Tibet. They found a monastery that had a mummified yeti hand, but they wouldn't let them take a sample. Then they went to a village and talked to an old woman who claimed she had sex with one from time to time. (!!) She led them to a big hollow tree and the team collected some fur samples from the opening where it rubbed the sides getting in. They sent the hair to 2 DNA labs and both said it was from a species unknown to science, but a distant relative of a bear.

And yes, many people have seen them when they are straight and sober. The folklore of most First Nations mentions bigfoot.

I've never seen one, but I've never seen China either. People say they have been to China, I've seen pictures that claim to be of China, and there are maps of China, but I have to take it on faith that China actually exists. For all I know, China is fake and bigfoot is real. <shrug>

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I've never seen one, but I've never seen China either. People say they have been to China, I've seen pictures that claim to be of China, and there are maps of China, but I have to take it on faith that China actually exists. For all I know, China is fake and bigfoot is real. <shrug>
That is a brilliant piece of logic there! I can reuse that in many aspects of my life. For example, Hillary Clinton. I have never seen Hillary Clinton. I have seen pictures that claim to be Hillary Clinton, but how do I know that is not just a Bigfoot dressed in a polyester pant suit? I think I will go with the notion that Hillary Clinton doesn't actually exist and anybody that claims otherwise is obviously working with a demented imagination.

There, I am feeling better already! The future is a bright happy place again! Thank-you for making my day. :razz:

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Inor, I might take that personally if I believed you actually exist. :)

Like all matter, bigfoot only exists as a probabilistic wave unless it is actually being observed. Since bigfoot is rarely observed, it doesn't normally exist. On the other hand, nothing is in a determinate eigenstate unless it is being observed, so the point is probably moot. Look up the "double-slit experiment" if you want to get an idea of what I'm rambling about here.

Does Hilary Clinton really exist? God, I hope not!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have read a sampling of literature on Bigfoot and cryptid man apes and there does appear to be a fair amount of evidence, although most of it is anecdotal. One book that deals with Sasquatch in a scientific way is written by Jeff Meldrum, a professor of anatomy at the University of Idaho. It is quite a thorough study and uses scientific analysis to examine the issue. Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science: Jeff Meldrum, George B. Schaller: 9780765312174: Amazon.com: Books For those of you who say that Bigfoot could not exist because there is no way a species could live so close to man without being discovered consider this: New mammal species discovered: a raccoon-sized critter with teddy bear looks | Fox News.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts

It is quite possible for us to find animals not yet discovered, including bigfoot, but there will have to be in an area large enough for a undetected breeding population to exist. A little over a hundred years ago, it was thought the gorilla was a myth.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have read a sampling of literature on Bigfoot and cryptid man apes and there does appear to be a fair amount of evidence, although most of it is anecdotal. One book that deals with Sasquatch in a scientific way is written by Jeff Meldrum, a professor of anatomy at the University of Idaho. It is quite a thorough study and uses scientific analysis to examine the issue. Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science: Jeff Meldrum, George B. Schaller: 9780765312174: Amazon.com: Books For those of you who say that Bigfoot could not exist because there is no way a species could live so close to man without being discovered consider this: New mammal species discovered: a raccoon-sized critter with teddy bear looks | Fox News.
I saw the news story on that racoon thing. After years in a couple different zoo's, pretty much the only reason they figured out what they had was they were trying to breed it and it (she) wouldn't let any of the other animals hump her. :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.