Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
12 inches of dry, light, fluffy snow so far.
The heavy snow is supposed to start within the next few hours and is s'posed to bring an additional 14-26 inches with some significant winds.

Preparations:
1) Fresh batteries in the flashlights.
2) Plenty of gas for the snowthrower and the generator.
3) Roaring fire in the woodstove and plenty of fuel in da howas.
4) Comfy chairs, HD Projector, THX cert. sound, 8Tbytes of HD video.
5) Fresh half-keg of Trapp Dunkel in the Keg-O-Rator.
6) Chips, Dips, Chains and Whips.

Bring on the snow Nemo !!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Definitely a significant storm... snow started falling about 28 hours ago and it looks like we've got close to 30 inches. My nearest neighbor is a couple hundred yards away and it appears that the snow drift against his house is up to the porch light at his back door... so about 7 feet. Wind is pretty constant at between 15 and 25 mph and every now and then it gusts high enough to shake the house.

Quite a contrast from last week when several days in the 50's left us with bare lawns :). It's probably been 30 years since I've seen one like this around here.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
well the storm has wound down... still some 20-30mph gusts of wind.
Somewhere in the neighorhood of 40 inches at my house... drifts of 6-7 feet.
It took me a couple of hours to shovel a 40 foot walkway through shoulder high snow to my driveway, where I had the snow thrower all gassed up and ready to go... and go it did, away with whoever stole it last night!

Whoppo is an angry old man today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.