Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Oh, sure it will...
How many citizens are going or be able to pay $150, do 16 hours of training and go through a background check to get a permit.
Nothing will change in the city until people start killing the bad guys. That will take a large majority of people before it begins to make a dent in the lawlessness that pervades parts of Chicago.
It is a small victory but a victory just the same.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
That is assuming chicago follows the Ill. laws. Wait til chicago comes up with their own regulations, then see how many get a cc license.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Oh, sure it will...
How many citizens are going or be able to pay $150, do 16 hours of training and go through a background check to get a permit.
Nothing will change in the city until people start killing the bad guys. That will take a large majority of people before it begins to make a dent in the lawlessness that pervades parts of Chicago.
It is a small victory but a victory just the same.
I'm sure plenty of them will. NYS has similar laws for pistol permits (background check, safety class, large fee for fingerprinting) and there's hundreds of thousands of permit holders statewide. It all comes down to how serious you are about protecting yourself. Chicago however is now one step ahead of NYC where handguns are not allowed unless you have one of the ultra rare permits which generally you have to know someone to get and then pay exorbitant fees to obtain and maintain. I agree that not much will change the criminal culture in Chicago but at least honest, law abiding citizens will now have the means to protect themselves. Congrats to Chicago's citizens.

-Infidel

·
Registered
855 Posts
That is assuming chicago follows the Ill. laws. Wait til chicago comes up with their own regulations, then see how many get a cc license.
This is always a possibility, it's exactly what NYC did. I hope for the sake of those in Chicago this doesn't happen but it certainly could.

-Infidel

·
9,021 Posts
The following is quoted from Fox News.COM
"Illinois Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn triggered a backlash from his own party as well as the NRA on Tuesday after he unilaterally changed legislation meant to allow the carrying of concealed weapons.
In a challenge to gun-rights supporters, Quinn moved to cap the number of firearms and rounds that can be carried by Illinois residents and ban guns from any place that serves alcohol.
The move was a nod to the governor's gun-control base as the state faces a court-ordered July 9 deadline to allow concealed-carry.
But, by using what is known as his "amendatory veto power," Quinn could imperil the carefully crafted deal, which now heads back to the legislature.
Some lawmakers have already vowed to reject Quinn's new provisions.
Sen. Bill Haine, a Democrat, says he hopes lawmakers will override the veto. Assistant Majority Leader John Sullivan said Quinn "ignored the will of the people."
NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam also criticized Quinn's changes. "Limiting the rights of law abiding people has never been an effective tool in reducing crime. Arresting, prosecuting and punishing criminals is. That's a simple and straightforward concept that reasonable people grasp," he said in an email.
Before the court ruling, Illinois was the only state in the nation to still prohibit citizens from carrying concealed weapons. The legislation was meant to remedy that.
Quinn, in announcing his decision to impose last-minute changes, claimed the bill had "serious flaws" that jeopardize public safety.
"Therefore I've used my power under the constitution of our state to make important changes, common sense changes, to protect the safety of our people," he said.
Among those changes, he called for guns to be banned from any business where alcohol is served.
"Guns and alcohol don't mix. And I think it's very important that the legislature understand that message from the people of Illinois," Quinn said.
He also added a restriction so that licensed gun owners would only be allowed to carry a single concealed gun and one ammunition clip holding up to 10 rounds.
Sen. Tom Cullerton said Quinn tried to score "political points" with the veto. "
Read more: Illinois Gov. Quinn triggers backlash after changing concealed-carry bill | Fox News

They better tell Quinn about the Chicago PD officers who regularly carry the off duty weapon when they make a stop at their favorite watering hole. But in reality he is right. Alcohol make people do dumb things, like the Chicago police officer who beat the crap out of the little female bartender who wouldn't serve him another drink because he was already drunk. I guess HE proved her point when beat her. But the other officers who tried to get her to drop the charges and law suit weren't drunk, so what's their excuse. Now you can see why I want out of this grate state.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
The ban will be lifted, but watch the regulation begin.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I don't need the feds or anyone else to "allow me to exersize my 2nd amendment rights". I carried for ten years in NJ. Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six. Laws that are unjust, are unconstitutional, need not be adhered to. Hence the right of a jury to use nullification in a court of law. I feel I have God given rights, Endowed by our creator, No man will deprive me of those rights. Peace.:) At that time, NJ had no ccw law. I really didn't give a crap. I look out after myself. Anyone can get lost on the east coast. Just too many folks to keep track of.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Darn it now even more of them will move to Wisconsin.
I sure hope it stays as is for now but I just don't trust IL.
Seems Wisconsin visitors will not be allowed to Carry
And the first permit will not be issued for almost a year

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Funny, been on very many forums, boat load of folks don't really give a darn about gun laws. Law abiding, and patriotic. Gov can make all the laws they want. Not going to change how folks feel about our freedoms as Americans. Decent folks don't need laws to tell them how to behave.:)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Darn it now even more of them will move to Wisconsin.
I sure hope it stays as is for now but I just don't trust IL.
Seems Wisconsin visitors will not be allowed to Carry
And the first permit will not be issued for almost a year
I smell what you're stepping in. I think it was Missouri state patrol that gave all ccw holders info to the fbi. Buddy asked me if I had a ccw permit, told him I had one for over 200 years.:)
You know what I mean.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
What's the deal with your governor? I hope all the people remember him come re-election, but will probably be like the last president election enough wacko's to keep him in office, I hope not for the good people of Ill.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts