Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day All:

I'm hoping one or some of you can point me in the right position.

I am 6'4" and weigh around 300lbs.

I have a bug out back packed with all the essential items and can comfortably carry it.

The problem is the shoulder straps; waist strap and chest strap are all too small.

They are all adjusted as big as they will go.

Are there any packs out their designed for my size?

Can I purchase strap extensions any where?

I'm at a loss as to what to do in this situation.

I've searched the web and didn't find much help.

Thanks and Happy Prepping!

M. Karns
Missouri

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am pretty much the exact same size as you, 6'4 320 with a long torso. I took a chance with one of the ILBE military surplus bags and I think that's about as good as it get for me anyways. you can find them all over the net for under 100 bucks. I got mine off ebay for $85.00 shipped. Was in really great shape. google it there are a ton of reviews out there for it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am your size as well. I connect bungee cords to the waist and chest straps. I was lucky to find a bag with a large enough shoulder straps.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Everyone's bodies different and where they carry the weight. I'm 6'4" 250lbs, but don't have a large amount of fat. I've got some at 40 , but most of my size is in my upper body with a body similar to Tom Selleck, barechested and in the shoulders and the Vulture II fits me real good. Set for me there's still a goodly amount of adjustment length left in the straps for shoulder, chest and waist. There a pretty common pack these days and I find a fair amount of local dealers carrying the Maxpedition brand. You might call around to your local shops to find one who got them and go over and try one on. It might be the pack for you.

Maxpedition Vulture-II Three 3 Day Assault Pack Tactical Backpack 72 Hour Ruck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.