Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Big Berkey aka British Berkfield came in the mail, very nice. It's a basic 2 candle (white ceramic) model and while my expectations may have been higher than what was delivered it is still a very nice unit and should serve our potable water needs. I thought the Stainless steel would be thicker and that it would be a bit larger overall than it was. Yet still worth the money and nice to have.

The Berkey looks to be a good item to have on hand should there be problems with the water supply. It may also be a good idea to have one in a second or bug out location.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Nice! One thing you might want to get is an extra spigot or two. We've gone through a couple so far...not that they're necessarily poor quality but they stick out and can be bumped.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
We like our Berkey. I like the name, I can see a dog named Berkey in the future.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I'm sure you will be happy with it. I only had mine a week or so before I cracked down and ordered the tap with the sight tube. I think most owners eventually get one.

I got a stainless steel stock pot, flipped it upside down, and use it as a stand for mine. This makes it a little taller, but makes it so much easier to get a glass or small pitcher under the spout. It looks like it came with the unit, and only cost me about $10.

Reactions: Seneca

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm stoked about getting the Big Berkey.

The Berkey needs to be situated so the spigot is over the edge of a counter or elevated. They do make a wire stand for the Berkey. I didn't know that until just recently.

I can relate to the comments about getting a second or backup spigot. In my estimation it is the weak link, if for no other reason than it's the only moving part. I may get another, possibly with a sight glass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.