Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
My friend Charles has crossed the USA by bike twice. He carries everything he needs on his bike. Right now he is visiting us in New Mexico, he biked here from Los Angles Ca. In 2019 he biked from LA to Rome NY then back again, stopping to visit us in New Mexico both ways. He said he averages about 50 to 60 miles a day. Here is his website: Bikepaths 2022

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Bicycles are the most efficient form of human transportation according to an old pysics prof. "Aint no other machine available on Earth that can hit sixty mph fuled by a half a cup of pinto beans." (rough paraphrase)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I’m thinking about getting one of the quite cat or Rambo electric bikes. Or should I say electric power assisted bikes . There a little pricy . The thing is you can still use it as regular bike if the battery dies on you. Some models slowly charge the battery when coasting down hill.
I know I would like to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’m thinking about getting one of the quite cat or Rambo electric bikes. Or should I say electric power assisted bikes . There a little pricy . The thing is you can still use it as regular bike if the battery dies on you. Some models slowly charge the battery when coasting down hill.
I know I would like to have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to be a nattering nabob of negativity, but if you're not in tip-top shape, it's rather difficult to pedal a 75-pound e-bike when the battery is dead. Esp. going up hills.

I have 4 bikes, one of which has thorn-proof tires (geared and quiet), and is also set up to pull my BOB trailer. Prob with the BOB is, once my sleeping bag is on it, there's not much room for anything else, lol.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Bicycle Vehicle

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Sounds like your the biking guru I been seeking. My new little three wheel bicycle is my currrent interest. The game plan is to get in good enough shape to ride it to work and back home twice a day. Work two miles off at the school crossing with a lot of cute Mama's Grannies..and mean little kids. I seem to be able to get all my stuff in the big basket including my lawn chair. I may not need a motor..lol. A fellow who claimed to know said it was cheaper to buy a pedal model and add a e kit than to buy one purpose built to run off a battery. Not sure on that of course.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My current means of transportation is a solar powered recumbent trike. 18 mph 42 mile range and is my first attempt at a solar vehicle. Made from junk bicycles and scrap iron with items I had around my place from my experimenting with solar and other projects. Round two I plan to make a larger version that should reach 55 to 60 mph with a range of around 100+ miles per charge. It will have a larger motor and will utilize a four-wheeler frame stretched out and widened in a side by side configuration. Working on gathering parts for it now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Each has their preference.
I’ve been on bicycle, horse, atv etc etc.
My favorite, although require night travel, or cooling in hot climates would be the very under utilized dog.
They can pull 3 times there weight, carry backpacks and right temperament can be cross trained for hunting, protection, and rescue.
I use quick release clasps so if need be I could tie string release them all very quickly if need be.
The top one has well shown he could feed himself.
Until circa 1900 dog’s worked and died alongside their owners.
They even used to turn grist mills.
Edit: I did look for specific temperaments, health, behavioral traits most people avoid and put in lots of hours of training.
Dog Vertebrate Chair Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Dog breed Collar Plant Carnivore

Tire Wheel Dog Horse Photograph

Wheel Tire Outerwear Dog Photograph

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Somebody needs a big Rotty around here. lol. Old Shiloh was a member of the family for `17 years weighed 150 and could pull a house if he was hooked up right. If a grandkid hurt him he would bite em just hard enoudh to make them cry. Never broke the skin. He did not like democrats.
PS Edit: As some might have heard I was having trouble keeping my cheap chicom adult geriatric tricycle in first gear without it jumping to second on its own accord. It seemed to be stickingin first for a miles or so yesterday after fiddling with the screws as somebody said to do right on here. Thanks to who said that. I may not even need a motor and the Warden said I couldnt have one anyway.

Attachments

61 - 68 of 68 Posts