Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always liked wheel guns just for the fact that spent casings can be put in my pocket easily. Does anyone consider spent rounds from an auto with fingerprints on them as to be tracked to you. Record or not, it says you were there. They track everything else. Just a heads up.:) Do we need to hide our ID on our ammo?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I do like revolvers.
I doubt I will ever be involved in anything that the cases will be an issue. The weapons I carry are for self defense not executions.
SHTF I surely will not be concerned about them tracking me down. I do understand and respect your question just don't see it as a concern.
The real problem is recovering the brass to reload

Reactions: Foxfire

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Up until a few years ago, it wasn't an issue. Now they can recover prints from spent cases. However, if it's an issue, there is a simple and inexpensive solution; Rubber Gloves.

Reactions: LunaticFringeInc

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
In a SHTF I don't worry too much about brass left behind. I enjoy my 357s very much but in training I don't waste time pocketing a wheel of brass either. Decades ago a shoot out between CA Highway Patrolmen and bikers (as I recall) left the officer dead. He was executed with live rounds found near his revolver and him on the ground. He'd loaded 4 rounds when his killer walked up to him and fired. He didn't have the presence of mind to close the cylinder with 2 or 3 rounds and fire. They also found he took the time to pocket 18 empty brass into his pocket.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Survival is the first word to be memorized in a SHTF or civil unrest situation.

Survival will usually be better promoted by autoloading weaponry, . . . both handguns and long guns.

IF we survive, . . . and IF we are not pursued, . . . policing my brass and the bad guys will become a priority, . . . but only to the point that I can do it without further danger.

In the end, . . . again, . . . survival is the buzz word, . . . and like the policeman, . . . getting your britches in a wad over fingerprints or empty brass can be detrimental to survival.

I might also point out that if the "powers that be" are techhie enough to go for fingerprints, . . . they'll doggone sure be doing DNA also, . . . which takes much less physical property than fingerprints, . . . and can pin point THE person better.

May God bless,
Dwight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts